GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Middle TN volkswagen tuning shop..

ChefT

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm looking to go k04 soon and I'm going to need a shop to tune the car since COBB hasn't put out any maps for it yet. Just wondering which shop would be my best bet. These are the ones COBB recommends:

CARMA PERFORMANCE
5TH GEAR AUTOMOTIVE
DBR HIGH PERFORMANCE
DEFT MOTION

Anyone have experience with these shops?

Granted I'm new to the area, but I definitely didn't expect there to be so many tuning shops for VWs.

If none of these shops are worth their weight, I may just head back to Chicago and have GRD do the tunes. That's how I'm leaning as of right now, anyway. I've had a lot of work done by them and they're some stand-up guys.

I appreciate any input you guys can give me.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, I'm looking to go k04 soon and I'm going to need a shop to tune the car since COBB hasn't put out any maps for it yet. Just wondering which shop would be my best bet. These are the ones COBB recommends:

CARMA PERFORMANCE
5TH GEAR AUTOMOTIVE
DBR HIGH PERFORMANCE
DEFT MOTION

Anyone have experience with these shops?

Granted I'm new to the area, but I definitely didn't expect there to be so many tuning shops for VWs.

If none of these shops are worth their weight, I may just head back to Chicago and have GRD do the tunes. That's how I'm leaning as of right now, anyway. I've had a lot of work done by them and they're some stand-up guys.

I appreciate any input you guys can give me.

Have you considered the FrankenTurbo F23T? I just went that route and went with Stratified for the Cobb pro tune.. He (Alex) will send you a base map and you just send him logs and he adjusts it accordingly.. No need to visit a shop for the tuning process- all done via email..

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have..

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Erin at CARMA is one of the top tuners in the area.

5th Gear Automotive is a newer shop, so I'm not sure of their reputation or who their tuner is. They moved to a new location last month and have a new dyno, so they must be doing pretty well!

DBR is Chevy/Ford/Mopar, not sure how familiar they'd be with a turbo VW.

Deft Motion is a Honda shop. I'd go to them for serious on-track race prep, but I don't think they have a dyno.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
- DBR is mainly making high horsepower into crazy horsepower cars. If you want a 1,200 HP F350 they are who you call. They only have a RWD dyno.

- European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet does Unitronic - and he's my go-to mechanic. Does good work and relatively reasonable rates.

- Covert customs is closest the nearest APR (located in northern AL).

- Audi Nashville quit tuning and doing updates for tuned cars. Assholes didn't even tell me they planned this despite tuning my car weeks before.

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Want to add that German Performance Options (GPO) is a good shop with solid VW factory certified techs who used to work at Hellmark VW.

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 for European Motorworks. Been to GPO as well but they can be kind of pricey after upping their labor rates, but they're great people and know their stuff.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know much about Kayas Service Center Bellemeade? They usually have a bunch of older German cars out front.

ChefT

Ready to race!
Have you considered the FrankenTurbo F23T? I just went that route and went with Stratified for the Cobb pro tune.. He (Alex) will send you a base map and you just send him logs and he adjusts it accordingly.. No need to visit a shop for the tuning process- all done via email..

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have..

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
I actually just found that kit. Dont know much about it. Care to shed some light? Quality, price, etc. Thats oretty awesome that theyll email the tunes to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk