GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locked up engine

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
But what does not kill it, it will reincarnate stronger, fuck it I will buy the engine swap it and give it some tender love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone list me from which vw and Audi cars can I buy an engine that will fit my gti 2010 engine code cbfa turbo 2.0

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
My reactions to this thread.

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
your post is a mess so its hard to tell whats what but the manual has a fuel cutoff at 6800 or 7k I think if its tuned. You cant have over revved once and blown the motor unless theres something else going on here. Did you keep it at redline for 20 minutes straight? Are you tuned? Disabled rev lmiter? were you having timing problems and or was there oil in it lol? we want more deets here

lol i love the idea of an all ebay GTI great job

The engine had oil, always check it every month. I went all thru the red line for about 3 to 7 seconds. And after that, the engine cut off. My engine it's stock. I have not touched the rev limiter. See if my car was just sitting at the house iddiling and I would floor it by mistake it will only go to probably 3500 rpms or so. It will not go all the way to the red line. But if I was on the highway and set it on neutral and floor it it would of go all the way to the red line

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
josueleon.. really hope you get the help you need. And I'm going to try and translate as I'm sure autocorrect is a bitch.. I'm guessing you have a 6mt.. and you were coming off/on the off/on ramp, and were in to low of a gear and redlined (7000+) the engine..

I don't have a standard GTI(you could have a dsg) so I can't compare.. but I'm guessing if the 6mt doesn't have overrev protections.. you could have toasted the motor..

Now after that.. I'm at a loss. What are you trying to figure out if buying what? You got quoted $2700.. for what? engine replacement? transmission replacement? Crankshaft "metals" replacement?

With the symptoms you've stated.. it could be a dead battery.. but giving the circumstances I doubt that is your issue.
I know you're in a crappy situation.. but the more information you give the forums.. the more they can help... Sounds.. Pictures.. anything... Provide a picture of the quote being done on your car.. anything. I'm sure there are plenty of people wanting to help..

Just try not to let autocorrect type your post, because it is difficult to read.. Either way GL.. Hope it isn't serious..

Ok I'll try again lol, before my car was on the off ramp I had set it on neutral, so I was on my phone distracted and floor it by mistake, as i was on the off ramp, when I got at the end of the ramp the car had cut off so I try to turn it on and all I could hear it's a clicking sound every time I try to crank it. 2700$ it's the price of the used hunk engine I will post some pictures

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Have you done any further diagnosis? I'm still wondering how you could possibly fry an engine from redlining for 4 seconds. You could probably redline a healthy TSI in neutral for more than 10 minutes straight, cars aren't that fragile. I wonder if you possibly jumped timing at that exact moment and destroyed the head. Did you ever get the updated tensioner? Did you try seeing if there were any codes?

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Get someone to read your ecu .... With a OBD scanner .... The ecu should have logged what happened .... Just that's what I've heard of people doing before when there engine kicks the bucket for no reason.

All cbfa engines should fit your cbfa engine vehicle ..... I may be wrong

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk