GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3100 PSI power washer?

GTIVI2011

Passed Driver's Ed
is a 3100 PSI power washer too much for washing a car? Would it damage the car at all. I would use it with the foam gun from auto geeks and to clean the rims.
Thanks

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I would say only if GTI is a code name for your dumptruck. You're likely to blow off all your trim with that much pressure.

Stevec717

Ready to race!
That's just the max pressure developed. How you apply it is what matters. Better to have to go lightly than not have enough power. If your PW didn't come with it, an adjustable nozzle is a great investment. You can go from pencil (very dangerous-use w/ caution - great for washing house on 2nd floor and eaves) to a wide fan spray and everything in between.

S

GTIVI2011

Passed Driver's Ed
It came with a adjustable nozzle with 5 settings. This is the washer my dad bought mainly to clean the driveway and deck and I just was wondering if it would be dangerous to use with a foam gun on my car.

GTIVI2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Also auto geeks says their foam gun is rated for 5.3 gallons per minute and the one I have is only 2.5. is that a problem?

zdravo

Ready to race!
shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of finding the right adapter that fits with their foam cannon

Grownman

Ready to race!
Regardless of PSI, it is how you aim the pressure washer. Make sure you are using "logical" distance when washing. Too close and you'll start peel paint just like a wood deck.

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
That's just the max pressure developed. How you apply it is what matters. Better to have to go lightly than not have enough power. If your PW didn't come with it, an adjustable nozzle is a great investment. You can go from pencil (very dangerous-use w/ caution - great for washing house on 2nd floor and eaves) to a wide fan spray and everything in between.
S
Regardless of PSI, it is how you aim the pressure washer. Make sure you are using "logical" distance when washing. Too close and you'll start peel paint just like a wood deck.

/end thread.