GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

goose1

Ready to race!
For hyper milers? I can't imagine our starters support that but someone should try.
Tried it, car wouldn't start, starter wouldn't engage 2012 base GTI
EDIT: also when opening the windows with the key fob only the drivers side door opens but that can be fixed in the MFI I believe
sent via carrier potato

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
Guys Can anyone tell me what to change in vagcom so that when i unlock the car the xenons come on? I had them set but i have no idea what i changed and they wont come on any more.

goose1

Ready to race!
Guys Can anyone tell me what to change in vagcom so that when i unlock the car the xenons come on? I had them set but i have no idea what i changed and they wont come on any more.

I don't recall at the moment, do you have your lights set to turn off even if the switch is on when the car is off and key out?

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
I don't recall at the moment, do you have your lights set to turn off even if the switch is on when the car is off and key out?

I have the comfort entry factory system on my car.... (dont know if thats stock) and when i used to touch the door handle to unlock/lock the headlights used to switch on if it was dark. Now only the DRL's are on on unlock and exit.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yup - it's how much fuel you have to fill up to full. Seems get the low-fuel indicator at about 40-45L left.

I'm not too sure if that reduction in time can be altered.

I'll post up some screenshots later tonight when I have a chance to hook up VCDS.

So any chance you'll be able to share the instructions for the fuel used screen?

goose1

Ready to race!
So any chance you'll be able to share the instructions for the fuel used screen?
I found instructions for a mk7 but they bit ten in instruments and we don't have that much, maybe it somewhere else that I haven't seen or you might need to do manual coding.

sent via carrier potato

Andrew429

Ready to race!

bblhd

So I recently replaced my fog lights with LED's. and got the Light out code... I looked through the thread but could not find anything on LED Fog light error coding. I have led Tail lights with the resistor. Please help..

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
So I recently replaced my fog lights with LED's. and got the Light out code... I looked through the thread but could not find anything on LED Fog light error coding. I have led Tail lights with the resistor. Please help..
I don't believe there is a way to code out fog light errors. You'll just have to get resistors for them or ignore the code.

zrickety

The Fixer
Is there only cold diagnostics for the parking lights? I thought you could turn it off for everything.

goose1

Ready to race!
Is there only cold diagnostics for the parking lights? I thought you could turn it off for everything.

As far as I can tell, you can turn off cold diagnostics for front parking light on halogen cars, side marker lights, and license plate lights. Everything else needs a resistor either built in or tap in.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
As far as I can tell, you can turn off cold diagnostics for front parking light on halogen cars, side marker lights, and license plate lights. Everything else needs a resistor either built in or tap in.
You can code out city light bulb errors on Xenons too.

MAL

I found out!

Go to controller 17-instrument, chose adaptation, find Volume to be replenished in the drop down menu, change the stored value from no to yes and hit Do it.

The refuel screen now appears in the MFD within the trip and fuel consumption stats. If the volume required to refuel is < 5 liters it will show --- l. Don't know the minimum value in gal. though.