GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I think i'll have to try that

I would say that at the point where the car starts to rotate, and when stability isn't interfering, the car with 225s square feels as if it is rotating about the front axle, but with the 235s on the back (given my 225s up front are almost to the wear indicator, and my 235s are at about half life) the car feels like it rotates about a point much closer to the steering wheel or the drivers seat, which I very much prefer. With stability control defeated, the car will understeer more, but it also oversteers more. I am a firm believer that you can adjust your driving to any given car and be faster for doing so. I know a lot of people on here bitch about our cars understeering a lot, but I don't really experience this much. I can induce understeer if I want, but most of the time I scrub speed into a turn, turn in either perfectly settled, or I come in a little too hot into the turn and rotate the car until I'm at the apex, then power out of the turn. Coming from an rx8, you really had to carry speed through the turns since it couldn't accelerate too well out of them, but with the GTI I think it has plenty of power to pull out of the turns once you straighten out, so I just carry as much speed into the turns as I can, then worry about accelerating once the car settles.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered the Neuspeed Torque insert :thumbsup:

Nice, the insert really improves the feel of the shifts on manual cars, shifting feels much crisper, if I'm correct in thinking I saw a stock manual shifter underneath your intake in the picture above, you'll love it. Never experienced a DSG car with one, but I imagine its still worth having.

Sorry for turning your build thread into a chat thread.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Just purchased the UroTuning rear wiper delete plug and the UroTuning front GTI emblem :thumbup:

These little mods are nice to scratch the itch of the bigger mods

Last edited:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a set of Bilstein Coilovers from Neuspeed. Should be here monday :thumbup:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Received my Neuspeed Torque mount tonight

Will install tomorrow along with Golf R brakes :thumbsup:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
I know my bank account hates me right now

I won't be buying anything major until may though. Mainly just installing what I have purchased

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Well I am not going to be able to put on the Neuspeed torque mount till next week. Need a new torque wrench :(

That bolt just did not want to move

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Torque wrench to break the bolt? You might want a breaker bar for that.

Yeah I know but I don't have one and the torque wrench was the only wrench I had with a longer handle. Dumb move on my part. Now I have to go buy a new torque wrench and a breaker bar.

chip1

Ready to race!
Just purchased the UroTuning rear wiper delete plug and the UroTuning front GTI emblem :thumb up:

These little mods are nice to scratch the itch of the bigger mods
Which GTI Emblem?