GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C1iffyp's Modest Build

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
What. Is. Going. On. People.

My Name is Patrick and I just moved to Greensboro, NC.

Shortly after moving I purchased my 2012 "Technical Name" Grey GTI.

Man, do I love this car. Recently graduating from college, it's about time I moved on up in the world, as far as quality of vehicles is concerned.

Throughout my time in this world I have had quite a few vehicles that I'd like to note before touching on my newly purchased GTI.

First car and about 8 others of my total 15, in my short 25 years.

1991 Honda Prelude SI 4ws.

This, along with about 7 other prelude, made up my highschool years. I love this platform and will one day have another.

Here's my final prelude build.

1992 Honda Prelude SI 4ws.

Annnd Lastly, Most recently.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. (Tons of Mods). Rough Around the Edges.

ANNNNNNNDDDDDD Now.

The GTI. !!!

Lol. As I type This I realize I don't have any super good photos of it. That's going to change this weekend.

Thanks for reading.

***Updated 8/19/2017***

Finally got some decent shots of the whip with my old POS Galaxy S5. Lol. Not bad though.

***8.22.2017***

Okay, so this car had a few tastfull mods on it from the previous owner.

That and what I've done, here's where I stand.

Stage 1 APR tune.
3" Beluga Downpipe.
HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit.
Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Throw Shifter
ECS Dogbone Transmission Mount

Tomorrow - 8.23.2017 I'll be getting a Stage 2 APR tune to hopefully rid the CELL I have right now.

We'll see how it drives after lunch time!

WHOOO!!!

***8.23.2017***

Successfully Flashed to stage 2. Man. It really cleans up the powerband a whole lot. I'm enjoying this car more and more everyday.

The drive home should be spirited!!

Last edited:

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
First Mod

Easy as pie, this one.

Just some overlays on the Fogs. I like the Look.

Just the Afters, because I know you all know what it looks like stock.

WHOOOO.

Other Mods in the mail right now.

Beluga 3" Downpipe.

Something Else I'm forgetting???

Last edited:

nagokart

Ready to race!
photobucket is blocking your photos.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Welcome! Had a 93 prelude si myself. Dam do I miss that car. Not the fastest by far but was torquey for a Honda. If you had fun in the prelude you'll love modding the gti :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
no its not! i use to use it all the time but man does it suck compared to back then

Ohh, Don't even get me started on this...TOOO MANNYYY websites have just simply done to much and ruined what used to a perfectly simple to use thing....

Lol the question is, where do you start first?

Nice car, good luck :thumbsup:

I'm thinking intake is next considering the down pipe is already in the mail. Just struggling to make a decision on one.

I know I don't prefer a box. I'd also like it to be semi-loud, I enjoy the sounds. Just cannot decide.

Welcome! Had a 93 prelude si myself. Dam do I miss that car. Not the fastest by far but was torquey for a Honda. If you had fun in the prelude you'll love modding the gti :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh, prelude's are a blast. I hope to own another one day!!

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Definitly need a stage 2 tune if youre getting a dp and intake. I have a neuspeed p flo that I like. Nice and simple and makes some nice noises

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitly need a stage 2 tune if youre getting a dp and intake. I have a neuspeed p flo that I like. Nice and simple and makes some nice noises

I have the receipt from the stage 1 tune so hopefully I can re-flash to stage 2 without a problem. I'll likely be putting the Downpipe on a stock CBE for the week. Then get the new CBE put on at the end of the week. Is it an issue to not have the tune for a week or two? I doubtfully will have the intake before then anyways..

Nice lookin ride, so much fun to drive isn't it? Sounds like you've got some good plans right out of the gate that'll make it even more fun, I'll definitely be following along to see how things come together on it!!

Thanks, my plan is to put up some good photos later this weekend and provide some more details on where I want to take the car. This thing is a blast to drive and I cannot wait to push it a little harder. I really enjoy it over my older 04' Wrx. I appreciate all the encouragement on these boards!!

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Added some photos of the car.

Down-pipe is at the house waiting to be put on. I've had one forewarning to replace the DP gasket with an OEM one to ensure a proper seal. Had a CBE lined up but decided that I want to try the stock CBE with this down-pipe and see how I like it. With the Aftermarket exhaust on hold that frees up some funding for some springs.

I like the idea of the VWR's, I think, over the stock struts? Mine are at 62,000 miles though, I think it's worth it to replace them. Any input?

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Beluga Exhaust

3" Cat-less Down-pipe from Beluga Racing.

I'll admit for the price I got this thing I am impressed with the quality. We'll see how it holds up. From the videos I've seen I think it sounds quite nice on a stock CBE.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the down-pipe in without any major issues. I'll admit is does sound much better. The transition from a Subaru to this car is lackluster in the exhaust department though.

It does seem to have an increase in the butt dyno department though. I need to get a stage 2 tune for it now. That should put some more pep in it's step.

I'll put up some videos eventually.