GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Nashville chat........

abraxas

Passed Driver's Ed
How was the weekend? Working on my e36 for apr 2/3 at NCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was amazing.

It's hard to set expectations for something completely new like that, but I had a blast, learned a lot, and found that tracking is something that I would definitely like to pursue further.

Thankfully the rain held off on Saturday, but Sunday was a completely different story. I was pretty nervous to get out there in the rain, but after getting a bit of a handle on how the car behaved at speed in the wet, my afternoon sessions on Sunday were a lot of fun. Definitely felt my confidence grow throughout the weekend.

I had a really cool experience in that my instructor asked if I would be OK with him letting me take me around the track in my own car. His was a single seater so that wasn't an option. I decided to go for it and was really glad I did. Holy hell, the GTI is an incredibly capable car in the right hands.

Even with stock brakes, suspension, and a set of all season (though sport-oriented) tires, he never let the M4 that was ahead of us get away. Sure, it would pull on us in the straights, but he caught up whenever we hit the corners. He did find the limits of the stock brakes, but I was incredibly impressed with how well it cornered at speed, even bouncing over curbing.

One thing I wasn't expecting was how exhausting the whole experience would be. Not only is it a physically draining experience, but my adrenaline stores were completely spent, so by the time I drove home Sunday evening I was a total zombie.

I can't wait to go back. The only problem now is how I'm going to be able to scrounge up enough discretionary funds to finance more of these events. :D

poweredbyg60

Ready to race!
Rock on. Good to hear!
In Cali rain never showed up during a track day. I bet that was fun feeling out the rain/wet track.

You'll be faster and smoother every time on track, every session you'll improve.
Instructor driving your car sounds nice.
The GTI stock does well at our rookie experience levels. I enjoyed it a ton.

Reading your post flashed me back to the excitement of my first day.

Stripped my e36. Almost ready for apr 2/3. Seats and roll bar will have to wait for funds.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Cars N Coffee never ended but the weather is back for nicer cars
Took this today at a park.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Gonna be at Cars N Coffee Saturday. George of MotoManTV may be there.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Anyone want/plan to go to cars and coffee?

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Guys when is the next cars and coffee, the 7th? I want to plan and roll out there together maybe. Hopefully Im of that Sat

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
It's every Saturday. The first weekend is when there are more supercars & attendees. I'll be there next weekend.

George from MotoManTV came by last weekend. Very cool guy who knows a lot of car stuff.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Hi Nashville folks. This weekend I picked up a '12 DSG. I wanted shadow blue, so I had to drive to Atlanta to get it!

Looking forward to getting some real tires and doing Autox/HPDE events again!

poweredbyg60

Ready to race!
Congrats! My twin.
Looking for new wheels too? If tracking maybe think 17" and light wheels. Usually cheaper too.
I like corvette park in bowling green. Great track and close.
Where and what events have you done?