GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

MelowGTI

Ready to race!
Coming back from a food run just a few minutes ago a genesis (2.0t i think) with dipped stock wheels blew by me and got stuck at a light with me behind him. Soon as the light goes green he floored it, I stayed on his bumper until I could get next to him, he keeps the pedal down and I left him like he was standing still.

Next light he rolls down his window and does a "point forward" motion, we both take off when it goes green, I had no traction until around 45ish (k04, new pavement and its cold out) so by this point he had a car length on me; once I got traction I put 2 car lengths by 85ish and was still pulling on him pretty hard before I shut it down.

Have no doubt if we had kept going until 100 I would've had at least another car length on him.

Dude was pretty butthurt about it, he flipped me off out the window as he sped by.

/CSB
every single genesis here

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
raced my mk6 k04 against my wifes mk7 stage 2. did a few pulls. 3 honks and go, the mk6 pulled away everytime pulling about a car and a half each time. mk7 has a lot of potential considering it has intake/downpipe/and stage 2 software. mk6 is considered heavily modded, k04/water meth/93 octane map basic bolt ons.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^^ cool! I'd love to see how a turbo swapped mk7 (the golf R turbo) would do against a k04 mk6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
mk7 would probably tear it up. if the mk7 ever goes on meth and I switch it to a 93 file as well it would be a beast.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
The is38 puts down like 380 to the wheels. Are k04 even able to reach that?

Not quite.
APR claims 356whp for IS38 with 3" dp. That's definitely above ko4 levels, especially with the weight reduction in the mk7.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
The is38 puts down like 380 to the wheels. Are k04 even able to reach that?

I think Hyde16 has almost that much, but he has a ported and coated K04, meth, and lots of other goodies. The new motor certainly has more potential on an OEM turbo, but who know what the limits are with BT setups?

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Drove my buddies new 2016 WRX. Couldnt help but notice how much slower 2nd and 3rd gear felt compared to my stg 1 GTI. It starts strong but the power just drops off quickly, whereas the GTI keeps pulling.

I think it would be a good race from like 20-100. From a dig, I would probably lose though.

CSB

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I think Hyde16 has almost that much, but he has a ported and coated K04, meth, and lots of other goodies. The new motor certainly has more potential on an OEM turbo, but who know what the limits are with BT setups?

I never had a chance to dyno with the ported/polished K04 and direct port meth on the 100 octane MAP but if I had to I would assume 360HP. I've since sold the K04 and moved to a full engine build with EFR turbo, results should be up in the next month.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I never had a chance to dyno with the ported/polished K04 and direct port meth on the 100 octane MAP but if I had to I would assume 360HP. I've since sold the K04 and moved to a full engine build with EFR turbo, results should be up in the next month.

^this is going to be epic.........

BjxGTI

Ready to race!

I wish you are closer to my place so you can show those v8 guys at my work what a real gti can do whenever they talk shit about my car [emoji23]