GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing led back to standard byte 18 help

penfold1981

Hi Guys, i previously fitted led tail lights to my golf mk6 but now selling the car and putting back to standard first. i coded the lights when i got them which was fine but now im back to halogen lights again on the rear i need the code to put them to?

at the moment the tails are dim and the boot lid sides go off after a second or two.

does anyone know what the code should be in byte 18 for the uk. with the lights going off when hatch is open

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Hi Guys, i previously fitted led tail lights to my golf mk6 but now selling the car and putting back to standard first. i coded the lights when i got them which was fine but now im back to halogen lights again on the rear i need the code to put them to?

at the moment the tails are dim and the boot lid sides go off after a second or two.

does anyone know what the code should be in byte 18 for the uk. with the lights going off when hatch is open

The code for byte 18 should be '20' if you have halogen lights.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Do you know, are we able to just reset the whole long code in vcds?
Or do you have only the ability to change back individual bytes.

Sent from phone Tapa

If you have your original long code saved then yes you can just paste the entire code and replace it. There is no return to default settings option though unless you saved the original long code before you started changing stuff. The long code is different based on trim and production year as well so it's not advised to use a long code from someone elses car.