GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY FRONT SPLITTER

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
Also where the bolts used for the spacer to the bumper? Or the splitter to the sides of bumper.
I always try to keep things as OEM as possible so I did not want to make a bunch of holes in the front bumper , I run the bolts trough the splitter & the spacers wich line-up with the oem holes in the middle & on the sides the was 1 bolt at the end of the oem splash guard that I replaced by a longer one to fit trough the splitter & screw into the oem holes ...

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
What material did you use? I want to do this exact same thing! I love the look of the spacers and such and if you could give me a guide it would be ideal.

I pretty much described what I used if you read the hole tread ...
Sorry I dont have any pictures to share, If I have to take it off for any reason I will try to take some for you ...

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
where in the Maple Leaf are you? Consider doing this for locals to you? It looks really well done and stands out IMHO. I'd pay for that look on my CW for sure

I appreciate the interest but I dont have the time to start making more of these... To anyone wanting to make there own I would suggest starting with a piece of cardboard to get the shape & look that you want ... that's what took up most of my time in this project ... I must have 6 hours alone just for cutting/sanding/shaping/drilling...

Last edited: