GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 03-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
fadyhanna
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 1.6FSI 2012
Unhappy How can I access EEPROM in the mk6.

Hey guys,

I'm an Egyptian student studying Computer Engineering and I was experimenting a little bit with my car knowing that I might fuck things up. However I've got myself covered as the workshop I service my car at is less an 1km away as well as having cheap labor and spare parts.. Anyways,

First I bought myself a VCDS clone interface and it is working like charm. "Only couldn't diagnose an Audi TT 2016 for a friend". This forum just taught me a lot and now all of the Mk5/6/Scirocco/Jetta guys depend on me instead of paying like 300LE "$20" per visit to the local workshop.

For the past week I've been searching how can I enable needle sweep, folding mirrors via key fob and unlocking ECU immo..
It seems like I must have good knowledge with EEPROM "Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory" Which is true, I can get an EEPROM and using the data sheet I can program it for certain purpose.

However the real question is, how can I access the car's different EEPROMs and program them to enable the needle sweep, folding mirrors....
In my local garage I found them using an ODB2 to Serial cable connected to a cubical device and this device is connected to the computer using USB-C to USB cable. I guess this device is used to read and flash ROMS, Upload remapping files and unlock ECUs. Please help.
fadyhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
lukesGTI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 6spd Manual Black 2DR
Location: 11581 www.lukekaminski.com http://luxgti.blogspot.com/
Check the rosstech website for support. They cover programming memory blocks quite extensively.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
lukesGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
fadyhanna
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 1.6FSI 2012
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesGTI View Post
Check the rosstech website for support. They cover programming memory blocks quite extensively.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Ross Tech opted not to deal with EEPROMs because of potential bricking of Clusters and ECUs as well as not to deal with retrieveing SKC codes which is used to adapt new keys, clusters and ECUs.
fadyhanna is offline   Reply With Quote