GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well this kinda sucks

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Damn you guys are right. Now that I notice is it's pretty terrible. I'll try and take out the grille and see if I can re align it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the bumpers on the hood. It's possible they are just holding the corners of the hood higher than normal

pdan

Ready to race!
Check the bumpers on the hood. It's possible they are just holding the corners of the hood higher than normal

Checked them, they seem fine. The hood itself doesn't seem raised along any portion. I called the dealership and they said bring it in and they'll adjust the fitment. About an hour each way, but I figure whatever it's easier if they can just mess with it rather than me.

pdan

Ready to race!
I can't seem to find anything with the grille itself, it's not tightened to much in the middle, they used genuine parts so it should be the same fitment. It seems like it's set correctly. Hopefully they'll be able to see something I just can't

pdan

Ready to race!
Ended up going to the dealership that repaired it initially and they were pretty nice about it. Explained that I didn't see it when I left, and they took it in and fiddled with it for awhile.

Turns out they adjusted a bunch of things, multiple screws, hood latch, etc. Still doesn't look perfect to my eye, but I wasn't able to stay any longer. I may yet see if I can play around with it sometime soon, but at least it looks a whole lot better than it did

Just glad to finally be done with everything. Insurance finally reimbursed me for the rental car as well. Ready to put all the paperwork away and never think about it again ha.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
looks fine to me in those new pics.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Looks even from the picture angle, but how does it look if you're eye level with the hood?

You could even get a ruler and do some quick measurements.

StrigaMort

Ready to race!
Yup move on. The little things that bother us. I used to be that way with my truck but can't find the time for it with this car. I just focus on enjoying the thing for how it is. Tiny scratches and all. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Looks way better now

Hood and everything lines up with the grille and even the headlights. I'd leave it alone, lol

pdan

Ready to race!
Yeah it may just look as good as it's gonna get. Don't wanna obsess about it too much. Thanks to everyone who had some advice, I appreciate it. [emoji106]