GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticket Help

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Next time, crack the window and tell the office you are a sovereign citizen/being and you do not aknowledge his illegal state and federal laws. It's gotten me off of 3 tickets so far.
Brian

Excuse me, serious advice only. That's the GM6 rules.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hey OP, sorry im getting to this a bit late...but you were pulled over in ME... where are you licensed? NH or ME?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I didn't read the OP nor am I a traffic lawyer but I have watched the occasional legal drama so I feel qualified to offer an opinion here.

Really it's less about the content of your argument and more about the manner in which it's delivered. Wear a suit, that's an obvious sign of success. Casually drop that you moved back several "red team" meetings to squeeze in time for the judge, this will make him feel valued. Point out that it looks like he's lost a little weight.

Make sure during your opening argument to repeatedly gesture towards the low-ranking police officer who pulled you over, take special care to point out his youth and inexperience. If you have any compromising photos of the officer at a something like a donkey show or Nickleback concert, now would a be a good time enter them as evidence of his immaturity or poor music taste. The occasional "Objection! Hearsay!" is a good way to keep the officer nervous and on his heels.

If the judge is wearing a wedding band, make sure to compliment his wife's cooking or choice of window treatments. If he has a particularly masculine mustache, indicate that you're planning to grow a similar one.

Always present your speed's unit of measurement in metric, this bit of subterfuge could add a layer of uncertainty to the officer's testimony. If he contends the speed was recorded in miles per hour, this is a good time to give a dismissive hand gesture and offer the documented precedent that inexperienced radar gun operators are prone to calibrate complex electronic devices incorrectly. Demand the officer's cellphone or personal computer be cross examined, if he has icons just plastered all over his desktop this can be a clear sign of his lack of organization with respect to job tools.

Remember, you're there to "resolve this matter amicably" - not "fight a ticket." The occasional wink and finger pistol softens up even the most curmudgeonly magistrate. Keep offering platitudes about his wisdom and experience with such obvious cases of "gross incompetence and possibly racism..." Let that last word hang ominously, most legal bodies want to shy away from the possibility of unwanted attention from civil rights commissions.

This will probably serve you pretty well, be sure to thank me after your hearing.

Excuse me, serious advice only. That's the GM6 rules.

It may be because I am on my 4th 16 hour shift in a row with very little sleep in between, but that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

My advice would be to just pay the fine, and ask parents/friends/co-workers for rides for the next X months. If you try to fight it, they will slam you with everything they can. You did it, pure and simple. Just accept it and move on. I actually lost my license 3 times when I was young, and was only every driving absolute garbage, a 1979 cutlass Calais that I bought for $75, and didn't have a working speedometer. Found out the hard way, that is not a defense for the "do you know how fast your were going" question.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
In4updates.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
This thread is excellent. In4updates.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
good luck with it. When I was your age I probably had over 15 tickets with my 93 civic (all bs tickets, improper muffler, noise pollution, unnecessary noise...ect only 1 or 2 speeding always a 70kms in a 50kms zone). Its only like a 110 dollar ticket. You guys have some harsh laws/punishments.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Serious be careful about pleading not guilty. Where I live if you plead not guilty they will bone you as hard as they can.

It I got clocked doing 127 in a 55 and got away with paying $80 no points... so yeah. I've done well for myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the other way around here. If you plead guilty you are essentially taking whatever punishment they want to give you. I pleaded not guilty for a speed contest violation and got a plea deal. I have to stay out of trouble for a year and the charge never existed. I had to get my vehicle out of the pound $150. I got my bond money back which was $300, and I have to take a defensive driving class within a year. $50-$100 class I'm guessing. Who know what I would have got if I pleaded guilty.