GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New seats, airbag sensor help

Gkivoo

Ready to race!
Hey guys I just installed a set of leather MKV seats in my MK6. Can anyone help me on how to use resistors or any other type of method to trick the car into thinking someone is occupying the passenger seat. Also how can I wire resistors to get rid of the airbag error for the side airbags on each seat?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Theres a guy who got rid of the codes on burnallmk6 on fb

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Tony Palomares is his name

tone7601

Passed Driver's Ed
Well its simple im guessing you already know ehat tools you need well for the codes you need the tails from the oem seats the yellow connectors from the passenger and one from the driver then get a 3.3ohm resitor and you can eithee just tape it or solder it wtvr you want and plug it back on the connector under the seat for driver sewt you also need to disconnect the drivee position sensor its just a bolt holding it take it of and connect it and just leave it somewhere under the seat also for the seatbelt just take it off all of it along with the harmess that it has on and connect it as well for passanger is the same procedure butt you need the sensor for the passenger its easy to take off look under the seat you need pretty much everything under the passenger seat carefully tske all of it off theres only 1 wire that you need to cut it goes to the upper part of the seat thats for the heating seats but if you got aftermarket you arent gonna be using that amymore ill try to take pics tommorow but for passanger you do need the sensor for the drover and just retrofit it into the new seats it sounds difficult but once your hands on it easy not hard at all removing the sensor in the passanger takes max like 10 mins under the sest i just let all the wires hang along with the pressure module that is connected to the sensor that is under the seat

tone7601

Passed Driver's Ed
Srry for any grammar mistakes but its late and just got out of work if any more questions just comment and ill answer ill put pics tommorow if i can

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Thank you Tony, I think I am following but I need to break it down further...

For the seat belts, I need to transfer the set belt buckle from the OEM bracket under the seat to the new "Planted" brackets. New grade 8 bolts, check.

Well its simple im guessing you already know ehat tools you need well for the codes you need the tails from the oem seats the yellow connectors from the passenger and one from the driver then get a 3.3ohm resitor and you can eithee just tape it or solder it wtvr you want and plug it back on the connector under the seat for driver sewt

For the airbags, I do understand the resistors although I am selling my OEM GTI seats so I will either need to cut off the connector coming up from the floor and solder in a resistor then tape/shrink wrap it or I will need to have the seller cut and re-attach his connector from the seat if I plan on using the seat connector with a resistor plugged into the floor connector. The major question is, the airbags will still work or deploy correct?

you also need to disconnect the drivee position sensor its just a bolt holding it take it of and connect it and just leave it somewhere under the seat also for the seatbelt just take it off all of it along with the harmess that it has on and connect it as well for passanger is the same procedure butt you need the sensor for the passenger its easy to take off look under the seat you need pretty much everything under the passenger seat carefully tske all of it off theres only 1 wire that you need to cut it goes to the upper part of the seat thats for the heating seats but if you got aftermarket you arent gonna be using that amymore ill try to take pics tommorow

Ok so leave all of the electrical wiring harnesses under the new seats, check. In terms of the seat heaters, I found where to disable that in vagcom as well.

but for passanger you do need the sensor for the drover and just retrofit it into the new seats it sounds difficult but once your hands on it easy not hard at all removing the sensor in the passanger takes max like 10 mins under the sest i just let all the wires hang along with the pressure module that is connected to the sensor that is under the seat

Are you referring to the passenger side occupancy pressure sensor bladder? Is there a way to trick this or turn this off in VagCom? No one ever sits in my passenger seat but when they do I want the passenger airbag enabled like OEM for safety/liability. Again, I'm selling my seats so I don't want to transfer the bladder unless the buyer is willing to transfer his from his old seats to mine.

Last edited:

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
For the airbags, I do understand the resistors although I am selling my OEM GTI seats so I will either need to cut off the connector coming up from the floor and solder in a resistor then tape/shrink wrap it or I will need to have the seller cut and re-attach his connector from the seat if I plan on using the seat connector with a resistor plugged into the floor connector. The major question is, the airbags will still work or deploy correct?

Any follow up on this?

Im wondering if can just use the resistor trick on the plug in the floor