GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R touring cup-kit MK6 GTI?

mkcsg

Ready to race!
As the title states, i have done some research on these and found pretty good reviews but dated back.Anyone on here have some current reviews,pics or input they could share before i make my decision.I have H&R suspension in my cobra and i am very happy with it.

Thanks!

reebz

Passed Driver's Ed
I have it on mine. Lowers about an inch and half I'd say. Rides pretty close to stock, just more stable going over freeway expansion joints and stuff like that. If I could do it again I would go with the Koni coils though. I'd like to be just a bit lower.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I plan on going with this as well. I don't want a huge drop or have to mess with coils. They seem to have good reviews.

DarkCloak

Banned
I have it. Very well composed yet tight. Shocks are perfectly dampened to the spring. The lowering is good (About 2 fingers, and I have small hands) of a gap. I have never encountered a single ramp, pothole, or speed bump that challenges the car. Perfect height.

hatzo1

Ready to race!
I actually just installed this kit on mine,Weds. Haven't really gotten to ride in it much but feels nice so far and will settle a bit more. I actually got rid of my ST coilovers to put these on, I do alot of miles on the car and these are a bit less aggressive yet still handle well. Going to throw some better swaybars on the car and be done with it.

mkcsg

Ready to race!
I actually just installed this kit on mine,Weds. Haven't really gotten to ride in it much but feels nice so far and will settle a bit more. I actually got rid of my ST coilovers to put these on, I do alot of miles on the car and these are a bit less aggressive yet still handle well. Going to throw some better swaybars on the car and be done with it.

Great to here any clearance issues?, happen to have any pictures?

hatzo1

Ready to race!
Great to here any clearance issues?, happen to have any pictures?

No clearance issues at all. It's definatley raised up from my ST's. I haven't measured it yet, I'm waiting for it to settle a bit. I personally love the ride now. I liked the look that the ST's gave, but I like the ride on the H&R's so much more. Once I get the swaybars on the car it should be just right. Then it will be up to the mountains again.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
No clearance issues at all. It's definatley raised up from my ST's. I haven't measured it yet, I'm waiting for it to settle a bit. I personally love the ride now. I liked the look that the ST's gave, but I like the ride on the H&R's so much more. Once I get the swaybars on the car it should be just right. Then it will be up to the mountains again.

Looks great! Ideal drop on the DSG i think. I was thinking I'd go with this kit a while back, but I have been considering the DG springs since I don't want to go too low and have to deal with the bump and dip in my driveway everyday if I am too low.

You went from coils to this, so clearly it's smoother. Anyone compare this to stock? Another plus for the DG is close to stock ride, and my wife will kill me if I make the ride any " sportier " since she's often a passenger, so I think coils are out of the picture for me.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Seems like hardly a difference between this and DG springs.

hatzo1

Ready to race!
Looks great! Ideal drop on the DSG i think. I was thinking I'd go with this kit a while back, but I have been considering the DG springs since I don't want to go too low and have to deal with the bump and dip in my driveway everyday if I am too low.

You went from coils to this, so clearly it's smoother. Anyone compare this to stock? Another plus for the DG is close to stock ride, and my wife will kill me if I make the ride any " sportier " since she's often a passenger, so I think coils are out of the picture for me.

Yes I went from coils to this kit. It is definatley smoother than the coils but firmer than the stock ride. Since the picture was taken the car has settled alttile bit more than 1/8" also. The first time my wife rode in it with the cup kit she immediatley noticed the difference. The car is much smoother in the corners and I like the way it transitions in and out of them. Like I said a rear swaybar should bring the car to exactly where I want it to be.

bigpun

Ready to race!
Yes I went from coils to this kit. It is definatley smoother than the coils but firmer than the stock ride. Since the picture was taken the car has settled alttile bit more than 1/8" also. The first time my wife rode in it with the cup kit she immediatley noticed the difference. The car is much smoother in the corners and I like the way it transitions in and out of them. Like I said a rear swaybar should bring the car to exactly where I want it to be.

if you don't mind can you please post some pics after it is has settled? do you think if put on 18x8.5 wheels i would get some rubbing issue?

eppy

Ready to race!
if you don't mind can you please post some pics after it is has settled? do you think if put on 18x8.5 wheels i would get some rubbing issue?

I have the cup-kit on my car now with 18x8.5 wheels, no ribbing issues at all. I went with stock 225/40/18 tires and due to the stretch on the tires now I have more gap. :thumbdown: Just bought Koni coilovers so my cup kit will be for sale shortly.

bigpun

Ready to race!
I have the cup-kit on my car now with 18x8.5 wheels, no ribbing issues at all. I went with stock 225/40/18 tires and due to the stretch on the tires now I have more gap. :thumbdown: Just bought Koni coilovers so my cup kit will be for sale shortly.

so how long have you had the cup-kit for me? if you don't mind can you please post a pic of the problem you mentioned tires stretching. Plus, why are you going for coilover kit?

eppy

Ready to race!
so how long have you had the cup-kit for me? if you don't mind can you please post a pic of the problem you mentioned tires stretching. Plus, why are you going for coilover kit?

Maybe 500 miles tops. I went from a 7.5" wheel with a 225/40 tire to a 8.5" wheel with the same tire, this stretches the tire making the profile smaller. With the stock wheels the cup kit looked perfect but with the new wheels I am not happy with the gap so I'm going with the coilovers.

The ride was amazing with the cup kit just not happy with the look after the new wheels.

Shit cell picture

bigpun

Ready to race!
Maybe 500 miles tops. I went from a 7.5" wheel with a 225/40 tire to a 8.5" wheel with the same tire, this stretches the tire making the profile smaller. With the stock wheels the cup kit looked perfect but with the new wheels I am not happy with the gap so I'm going with the coilovers.

The ride was amazing with the cup kit just not happy with the look after the new wheels.

Shit cell picture

thanks for the info.

if you don't mind can you please post a side pic of your car?