GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone is f#$%king with me......

itzalexbish

Ready to race!
#winning

mgomes89

Passed Driver's Ed
Your account should be with VW Credit, not some dealer who took it upon themselves to pay off your car note and ask you directly for the money. When you talk to VWoA report them in the process.

I would call VWOA this happened to me in 07 when i bought my jetta. i paid in cash cus the dealer said if i pay half cash and half check he would let it go for 20000 instead of 23500 so stupidly i did it w/othnking. after i didnt receive the title 6 months after i bought the car i went back and forth with them and had to get a lawyer involved and it all got resolved in 2 hours.

When i traded jetta in earlier this last year for my GTI i came to find out that the previous manager and salesperson were scamming cash deals nd pocketing half and then writing it up as the car being financed and it was all being investigated by the FBI. i would definitely not take it lightly as it can turn out to be way worse than just screwed up paperwork. i was told by the new management at the dealer that multiple people had the same problem.

Just becareful and make sure you document EVERYTHING and have copies of EVERYTHING!

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i have seen this happen.

1- walk in and get your money back, and leave the car. you may be responsible for the mileage

2- Walk in and explain you are the primary as per your contract with them that they signed off on. If they will not do it the way they wrote it, then hand them the keys, and they by law (depending on your state) must give you your money back as they are in breach of contract.

3- Do what they ask and enjoy your car.

Yes they messed up, and i would make sure that they understand your position. They dont want this car back, trust me. But sometimes they mess up on "spot delivery" issues.

on a side note, i helped a friend of mine out with this not so long ago. They promised a lower payment and rate than what the contract said, then called 30 days later and said to bring the car in for the 30 day courtesy check, then BAMMMM cant take the car back until they sign a new contract. I went down there and tried to help, they actually had to call the bank and with the customer there, they ended up having to add 1% to the rate before the bank would do it. At this point all persons were there at one time with the bank on the phone. Both sides agreed and they had no idea what to do at that time, since the vehicle they traded in was already sent to an auction.

EDIT: click this link and read: http://www.lemonlaw.com/spotdelivery.html

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Tools to Protect Yourself from Spot Delivery or Dealer Fraud:

Remember that if you have signed papers, you own the car, regardless of whether the vehicle has been financed.
Your credit was good or the dealer would not have delivered the car to you at the price you agreed to pay
A finance document showing payments, deposit, interest rate and other financial items is a binding contract, giving you specific legal rights.
You own the car subject to making payments only. The dealer cannot change that once you take possession.
Keep all copies of your paperwork and anything else associated with the sale (including calendars, photographs, advertisements). If the finance manager asks for your papers at any time for any reason, refuse! Keep these documents in a safe place, not the car.
If you are called back to the dealership to sign additional papers, either do not go or do so in a different car than the one you bought.
Have a friend or spouse drive you and witness whatever is being told to you. This will prevent the dealer from taking your car as hostage, an all too common happening.
If a dispute arises with the dealer over the contract and the dealer demands the car is returned, park it in a garage or remote location until the matter is resolved, to prevent it from being taken against your wishes.
Put together a complete timeline of everything that happened from the time you thought of purchasing the car until the car was taken away. Try to remember specific names of dealership personnel and any statements that were made to you during conversations with the sales and finance staff.
Keep track of all monies you had invested into the purchase, including registration, insurance, down payment and trade. Never pay cash and always get a receipt!

here

ddngr

all of this sounds about correct, unfortunatly, my credit score is 0-0-0 accross all 3 bureaus and my Co-signer has a 820. I'm going in, in 1 hour. I'm going to be very on my toes.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
all of this sounds about correct, unfortunatly, my credit score is 0-0-0 accross all 3 bureaus and my Co-signer has a 820. I'm going in, in 1 hour. I'm going to be very on my toes.

So what happened? They didnt try to hold your car hostage did they?

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion

I really hope you didnt re-sign the contract for the car you already bought. I'd have told them to stuff it! This kind of crap is shady.

Last edited:

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
i wouldn't of even called the dealership. once vw said they cant find you by SS number and vin i would of been like K BYEEEEEE and enjoyed a free car for as long as you can.

the dealership can't make you reimburse them, its their fault, its their problem. they shouldn't of fucked up in the first place :0

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i wouldn't of even called the dealership. once vw said they cant find you by SS number and vin i would of been like K BYEEEEEE and enjoyed a free car for as long as you can.

the dealership can't make you reimburse them, its their fault, its their problem. they shouldn't of fucked up in the first place :0

while i understand what you are saying, somewhere on a dotted line that they signed is a clause that if they cannot arrange financing, that you are responsible for the mileage at a specific amount per mile. Maybe he doesn't have it or doesn't remember signing it, but i would venture to say it is there somewhere.