GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My APR k04 2010 gti

Dannersmk6gti

Hello all. New member from the UK. In may 2016 i got my tornado red gti in relatively standard form. It had a VWR catback which i beleive is milltek, an APR intake and VWR wheels which im not sure on the name of so if someone knows please enlighten me haha.

The tuning company AwesomeGTI have looked after her since ive had it and carried out all the work since i got it. So over the last 15/16 months, the first trip was an upgrade to stage 2. On the day i got...

VWR lowering springs
Milltek downpipe
Milltek sports cat
Gfb dv+
APR stage 2 map running 98oct file

She put out 258hp 320 ft/lb
I loved it but it just wasnt quite what i needed. I decided the end game was the k04 so i went ahead over the coming months to get the car ready for it. The next couple trips to AwesomeGTI i had the following fitted.

Sachs performance uprated clutch
Neuspeed turbo discharge pipe
Neuspeed hiflo intercooler pipe
Airtec stage 2 intercooler

So finally a couple months ago i went in for the APR k04 kit. It was the hottest day EVER in the UK lol but the end of day result was 350hp 382 ft/lb. Probably on a cooler day would have grabbed a bit more. But its now unreal to drive.
Future plans will be some little bits on the handling side, front and rear roll bars, uprated bushes and maybe an LSD. But who knows. We will see haha.

If anyone has any questions about any of the upgrades that they are thinking of doing themselves then please feel free to ask.
Heres a few pics. Thanks for looking

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Seems like pretty big power for an APR K04 too. Here in the states I know they have one of the weaker tunes

Nice build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannersmk6gti

Cheers dude

Dont we have a higher octane fuel tune here in the UK? With it being 98oct?
Its not unheard of for k04's here to crack 360+hp 400ft/lb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk