GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's It Take To Beat G35?

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I do !! But first I'm going stage 2 I'm January ...but seriously is anyone else having that issue ..where the throttle seems stronger 85-90% opposed to flat floor 100% ??...I'm losing sleep over this issue !

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Nobody ?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I just ran a 06 g35 with full exhaust and dont know what else he had. Not sure g35 or g37 or X ..i went to the store to get bread for the wife and saw him coming up so i matched his speed. From the top of 2nd through the rest of the gears i dusted him. We caught a light and he left me off the line. By the time i hit 3rd i reeled him in like he was sitting still. I ran it till the top of 4th and it wasnt even a race. After we ran we caught another light and he told me roll my window down. He asked what i had done, i told him it was stock and he said he could hear my turbo and this pleased me��
I then had to make a u-turn and get home.
I am stage 1 and just recently put a ARM 200 cell dp on my 2011. I have stock intake and not really worried about upgrading it yet. My CEL popped on about 30 miles after i put DP on. I spoke with my tuner (APR) and was told not to run it hard because it could cause lean condition. Is this true,dunno??
The clutch was slipping when i first took it out last week but seems better at the moment. I am going ko4 but want to do clutch first and fmic. IMO stage 1 is narrow powerband and with the DP there is less jolt but i think it pulls harder longer. Guess in 2 weeks when i get paid i will get stage 2 tune, will report back if interested..

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Smoked stock clutch.. got sb stg2. Me and 2 people in the car roasted a camaro RS today..wow..
Right after that caught a race with ZL1 camaro, hahahahjaja ate my ass

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
G35x will kill you. Unless the battery is dead, kinda like what my wife just called to tell me...

Probably stage1+ at a minimum just to keep up with him.

0-60 is 5.7 for the g35x, 6.4 for GTI with DSG. Its a pretty big gap

I think 6.4 seconds is manual gti mk6 times . I read that dsg with the right launch naught to 60 should be around 5.8 seconds ...and g35x what year ? Because I beat plenty with stage 1 . Only lost to 1 it was the newest gen of the g35x before it turned to Q version .and I think I was heat soaked too . Lost by a half a car length 0 to maybe 75 mph to the next light

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
This thread is hilarious