GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tires questions

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys,

im not very familiar with tires knowledge but i want to know what tires are the most ideal for a golf r
mine came with stock 19" rims, and im not planning to get new rims.

i would like to know whats the best for my car, regardless of the price.
also, whats the best deal in terms of $ per performance.

oh and FYI it rains ALOT in hong kong during summer. so if anyone knows, please put that into consideration as well.

thanks in advanced!

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what you can get your hands on in HK, but I deal with very rainy summers as well, and the best tire I've used is the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Best rain performance that I've seen.

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
One of the best companies is Michelin tires, and you can keep as the original tire Dunlop.

Even if it was rainy the Golf R is AWD so it is hard to slip.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Michelin Pilot Super Sport if you don't see temps below 5-7*C

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 if you do.

The super sports will get pretty hard near freezing temps so they won't perform as well as a A/S when it gets cold.

/thread.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Michelin Pilot Super Sport

+1 great tires.

Like others have said, if there is a chance for cold weather at all go with the Pilot Sport A/S 3.

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi thanks for the input guys.
It very rarely drop pass 10c in hong kong.
I'm actually looking for tires that are great in dry, but Okay in wet. I don't go fast in wet, too risky in hong kong with narrow roads. Would super sports work? And how much r they? Oh and I have 235/35/19 now, was thinking to fit 245s onto my car, what do u guys think?

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Hi thanks for the input guys.
It very rarely drop pass 10c in hong kong.
I'm actually looking for tires that are great in dry, but Okay in wet. I don't go fast in wet, too risky in hong kong with narrow roads. Would super sports work? And how much r they? Oh and I have 235/35/19 now, was thinking to fit 245s onto my car, what do u guys think?

It sounds like the Pilot Super Sports would fit your bill. They are around $260 on Tirerack.com the link is at the top of the page.

Zepharus

Ready to race!
It sounds like the Pilot Super Sports would fit your bill. They are around $260 on Tirerack.com the link is at the top of the page.

Get the A/S 3 and save some $$