GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs MINI S?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I don't know about the newer mini S models but the older ones were ballsy. I wouldn't mess with one, lol.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
We just got a Cooper S for the wife, I agree with most of what's posted here. It has it's virtues, but the GTI is more practical. I'm trying to keep it stock, but I am curious about the various boost tunes.
Boosted_R56, let me know if you ever tried that MAP swap.

Any tuning you want done stay the hell away from ALTA....

JAN with RMW is the one to deal with.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I don't know about the newer mini S models but the older ones were ballsy. I wouldn't mess with one, lol.

hardly "ballsy" from factory.... They could be with an under drive pulley and a few other tweaks...

Misterveedub

GTI vs Mini S

Just traded my R56 Coop S for my GTi three months ago. I must say, the Mini handles MUCH better and was more fun to drive around town than the GTi. There is an area of road with a curve on my way to work that I used to take at around 70mph in my Mini but when I tried that ish in my GTI I almost sharded cause it lost traction there. I ran my friend from Atl in his stage 1 MK6 manny this past summer and I won by half my Mini's car lenght. Those cars are very quick even without a tune. I kind of miss my Mini but I like the room, looks, and overall grown up persona of my GTi. Not to mention I was tired of hearing my wife complain about the Mini being a stick. :laugh: (Go DSG!)

Oh mods at the time of the GTi kill were Magnaflow CBE, stiffer BOV spring, K&N filter, and custom FMIC.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 181