GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Just made my appointment for Thursday at Tyrolsport for the update :thumbsup:

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
I believe APR commented on the reduced engine breaking a while back. At least I think they did... Not sure exactly what they said.

I guess my post is pretty much useless.

Sorry :(

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge.
I remember Arin talking about it too.
Found it!

Lol good job!!!
Mine stopped doing that with the 2.1 update. While I agree it made driving more entertaining, I'm glad it's back to normal with the quick shifts.
Me TOO! My friend was enjoying it for a bit because it made it feel like an old F360 or Gallardo single clutch system, but I never really loved that after having the silky smooth lightning shifts for so long. Soooooooooooooo glad that got fixed quickly. ?

Kei

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Also got the DSG tune updated again.. Apparently a new version was released after I got it updated on April 8th.

Do you know what version dsg software you got? Unless something changes I believe the latest is v1.6

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Found it!

Arin makes a good point of course, and I fully support their engine braking calibration for normal street use. By limiting hard engine braking to only infrequent use as I expressed above, this problem would be minimized.

phant0m

Ready to race!
Arin makes a good point of course, and I fully support their engine braking calibration for normal street use. By limiting hard engine braking to only infrequent use as I expressed above, this problem would be minimized.
I agree, it really would be cool to see a way to put the car in a sort of "race/track mode" that will enable more engine breaking and fully disable traction control. I just have a feeling like that's something that'll never happen.

At least it's still fun to drive! I'm still stuck on v2.0. I refuse to pay my local tuner another ~$150 to move to 2.1. Gonna wait until I can take a trip to another shop that will do it for cheaper. Or maybe APR will do it for free at Waterfest ;)

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I agree, it really would be cool to see a way to put the car in a sort of "race/track mode" that will enable more engine breaking and fully disable traction control. I just have a feeling like that's something that'll never happen.

I'll have to time it but at higher rpm's my car goes into full engine braking very quickly. At low rpm and light driving it takes ~3 seconds to go into engine braking.

phant0m

Ready to race!
I'll have to time it but at higher rpm's my car goes into full engine braking very quickly. At low rpm and light driving it takes ~3 seconds to go into engine braking.
I've noticed that too. Low rpm, downshift, revs jump up and hang there a little while, then you feel engine breaking a couple seconds later but it's very light.

bjost80

Finally got v2.1 yesterday.

It has pretty much fixed every issue I was having, just as others have noted.

Cold startup: Still exactly the same as v2.0. I still hate it, but I can deal with it.

Warm startup: Perfect

1st gear issues: The throttle response is more immediate. Definitely better than it was on v2.0.

Low gear clunking: Issue resolved. It now feels very smooth and refined. Thank goodness.

Power: So much smoother than before. It just feels like it should.

D mode: Feels great in all gears.

M mode: Crisp, responsive shifts. No clunking or jerking at all.

All in all, v2.1 is exactly what v2.0 should have been. It took a little while to get everything in order (and it was annoying and costly), but at least everything feels right again.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Fixed that for you ;)

Hah yes that is accurate.

Interestingly, out of 190 drivers I was the only one with a DSP-classed car that day. However, since I was actually in the Novice class, our times got PAX'd so I did get clobbered due to that too. The good news is that I'm more interested in my own improvement relative to myself than anything else.

teknic

Quick update, unfortunately my stock clutch (w 48k miles) has now started to slip on the stage 2 93oct low-output file as well. The stock clutch lasted about a week and 200miles on the high output tune, and then a further 1700miles on the low output file before any noticeable slip occurred.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Scheduled for update next Monday

anticon

Ready to race!
I posted this in the manual thread as well, but has anyone noticed a slight lope?
I noticed it while in a drive-thru - tach didn't really move but I switched to tach on my p3 and noticed it was fluctuating by about 40 rpms at roughly 1 cycle per second. If you've got a stock exhaust, you may not hear it anyway. (Engine was fully warmed btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk