GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
I've noticed no change in my DSG behavior
Stock DSG - v2.1. Didn't mess around with v2.0. In v1.2 letting off the throttle caused the car to go from throttle to engine braking abruptly. This has since disappeared. My GF will be happier when she is in the passenger seat.
The one thing I've noticed is, due to the more progressive throttle, I've got to give the throttle more push to initiate the quick DSG shifts. However it feels natural whereas the old tune was a bit more on/off & I got used to that. It is most noticeable while letting the car pull away from a stop with no throttle. Before it would kind of lurch forward and then start to creep whereas it gently creeps forward. It now feels more like the Mk7 GTI APR tune than the v1.2 Mk6 tune.
One pointless but nice feature is the removal of the 4K limited when revving the engine in neutral. Now I can hear the intake make some interesting noises;) Frankly the car almost feels a bit overpowered now! Without looking down 4th gear feels like 3rd used to. 1st gear is a lot more usable.

My quest to figure out whether my dual mass flywheel or clutch pack is causing the intermittent grinding (upshifting from 3rd to 4th and when slowing is the automatically goes from 3rd to 2nd) returns.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Today on cold start up, in 80 degree weather, the engine went up to about 1600 RPM then the revs fell to about 1000 and then it what sounded like a little throttle blip pushed them up to about 1200
This typical?

Last edited:

loopless1

Ready to race!
Today on cold start up, in 80 degree weather, the engine went up to about 1600 RPM then the revs fell to about 1000 and then it what sounded like a little throttle blip pushed them up to about 1200
This typical?

I have Stg 1 , v2.1 and that's the behavior I see in 60F ( So Cal). I wish APR would comment on this one. It's a bit quirky.

Locke

Ready to race!
Same^. Stock/ stock

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Question for Stage 2 v2.1 folks. What spark plugs are you running? What model and gap?

Upgraded plugs and R8 coils. Don't remember what brand the plugs are. Stage 1+.

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Sounds good. I got the R8 coilpacks too. By stock, I hope you guys mean NGK PFR7S8EG? Anyone running the Iridium BKR7EIX?

Yep, I've been running those ever since I got my original Stage 1 tune back in late 2014. No issues with them or the coils. I had red top coils at the same time from ECS but they were not genuine oem R8 coils, though thankfully I didn't have any problems with them. I did my carbon cleaning last week and changed to some fresh plugs and genuine R8 coils this time. ?

Kei

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion