GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DELETE

FriggenT1

Banned
I see a lot of that, there's a subframe fix that was posted a long time ago using better or just different bolts.

On a side note I hear a clicking sound when I'm driving at low speeds, it almost sounds like a brake pad or something clacking together.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Are you turning when you hear it or is it in a straight line? It is common for the subframe to creak and knock at slow speeds if the bolts are not torqued properly, New bolts and some shims will fix it!

I’ve also had a weird creaking in the past that turned out to be the CV joint gaiter/boot squeaking, as I turned the boot would rub against its self making the noise! Silicone spray stopped it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The CV boot squeaked more so/only when the roads were wet!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the help, I seem to only hear this noise when going straight and not during driving or turning. Only from a complete stop until what seems to be the point where the engine and trans shift back due to momentum? It’s hard to say but I feel a little bit of it in the pedal and under my seat. Never while turning. Starting to hear little popping noises while driving though. Like I’m going over small bumps when I’m not.

Engine mounts maybe??

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
They look fine and aren’t loose, the noise is coming from the middle like maybe the dogbone or something. I’ll have to check that tomorrow, maybe just by a new pendulum mount with the Tyrol kit for the subframe. It isn’t trans related could it be?

I was including the dogbone mount when I said engine mounts even though it’s technically the trans mount!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie

Some would disagree! The mount under the coolant tank, the lower pendulum mount and mount under the battery are all engine mounts really, some refer to the one under the battery as the trans mount! Either way all three do the same job.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
I get a loud clunk from driver side front under hard braking and sometimes hard acceleration. I can feel it through the pedal so its brake/subframe related somehow.. I do have the tyrolsport deadset and 034 mounts so it might be the last mount (hockey puck one) or maybe something else loose.

Does yours happen with hard braking?