GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What a concept. But no, the same cast of characters rather complain for months in this thread rather than using the provided support channels. Hilarious really.

I've never had APR get back to me using their support. I sent in an email, no response. Later on I tried their support system on their website, no response. I know I'm not the only one that never got a response. More annoying than hilarious really.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I've never had APR get back to me using their support. I sent in an email, no response. Later on I tried their support system on their website, no response. I know I'm not the only one that never got a response. More annoying than hilarious really.
I randomly stopped getting replies so I pmed Arin and he helped me out, I guess their support system gets emails messed up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Ok, I have an update for all those experiencing the nasty DSG shifts with APR 2.4 especially in manual mode as I have been fighting with this for > 1 year now and was about to switch tuners.

Update:
On a whim, I decided since I just hit 70k I would go for some fresh sparks, new R8 coilpacks and a new PCV as well just for good measure. One of those fixed my nasty DSG shifts, smooth as butter now in D and near perfect in M even at full boost (where it was terrible prior). My theory is my PCV was failing or the diaphragm was busted just enough to not throw any codes. But now, car runs incredibly smooth, power is back to 100% (though it was probably 95%), shifts are crisp and smooth up and down and it's quiet as ever.

Cliff notes:
-Rough DSG shifts with APR 2.4 (I'm stage I)
-updated coilpacks and R8 coils to new ones at 70k
-updated PCV valve (super easy install)
-power back, smoothness in the engine and DSG shifts makes me happy with car again
-Thanks HSTUNING
-MPGs are up as well

Just an option to try if any of you are experiencing nasty DSG shifts and not throwing codes or anything else.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
How much was the PCV valve? Worth it to replace the stock one or just get a catch can with an African plate (or something to that extent)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Was like 120 or 130 if I recall correctly. After 70k it was piece of mind to replace it as the MKVs all had PCV issues as well. Was just a bonus prize that it fixed my software problems. Makes sense though if boost was escaping. At full boost my shifts were total bullshit.

GTIguy30

Passed Driver's Ed
I was having just some odd issues, also Stage I, I pulled the manifold to do a carbon cleaning and replaced the PCV Valve as well. When I put it all back together the car drove great again.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I was just told by a local APR dealer there is an update for the stage 1 tune, stage 1+ that takes into account the intake. A few more HP. Got it done yesterday, I feel the difference up top, power doesn't flat line above 5500 anymore, gains a little more than it did before.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I was just told by a local APR dealer there is an update for the stage 1 tune, stage 1+ that takes into account the intake. A few more HP. Got it done yesterday, I feel the difference up top, power doesn't flat line above 5500 anymore, gains a little more than it did before.
Are you talking about version 2.4 or is there a updated to 2.4?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Are you talking about version 2.4 or is there a updated to 2.4?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't recall the version. I was already on 2.4 and needed to reflash for another reason and the rep told me there was an update to 2.4 where it adds a little power for having the intake.

Even APR's site now has the partition for the tune w/intake instead of not. The drop downs are different.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
He is just referring to the 2.4 Stage I+ tune vs. the 2.4 Stage I tune (no intake). There have been no further updates to 2.4.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Ok, I have an update for all those experiencing the nasty DSG shifts with APR 2.4 especially in manual mode as I have been fighting with this for > 1 year now and was about to switch tuners.

Update:
On a whim, I decided since I just hit 70k I would go for some fresh sparks, new R8 coilpacks and a new PCV as well just for good measure. One of those fixed my nasty DSG shifts, smooth as butter now in D and near perfect in M even at full boost (where it was terrible prior). My theory is my PCV was failing or the diaphragm was busted just enough to not throw any codes. But now, car runs incredibly smooth, power is back to 100% (though it was probably 95%), shifts are crisp and smooth up and down and it's quiet as ever.

Cliff notes:
-Rough DSG shifts with APR 2.4 (I'm stage I)
-updated coilpacks and R8 coils to new ones at 70k
-updated PCV valve (super easy install)
-power back, smoothness in the engine and DSG shifts makes me happy with car again
-Thanks HSTUNING
-MPGs are up as well

Just an option to try if any of you are experiencing nasty DSG shifts and not throwing codes or anything else.

Did you use an OEM PCV valve?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
He is just referring to the 2.4 Stage I+ tune vs. the 2.4 Stage I tune (no intake). There have been no further updates to 2.4.

Exacry!

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Has anybody else's 2.4 developed some odd surging feelings? When I change gears (MT) there is initial power and then what feels like a dip before the power comes back. It's on every gear and at any level of acceleration. Also, when I first got this update it really smoothed out my starts but now the jerkiness is back.

I'm getting really dissatisfied with this tune and am actually wondering whether I should change brands.

Kato

Ready to race!
Has anybody else's 2.4 developed some odd surging feelings? When I change gears (MT) there is initial power and then what feels like a dip before the power comes back. It's on every gear and at any level of acceleration. Also, when I first got this update it really smoothed out my starts but now the jerkiness is back.

I'm getting really dissatisfied with this tune and am actually wondering whether I should change brands.

I've noticed the surging since Wednesday with my DSG as well. There is a hesitation on WOT, it feels like the fuel was cut for a half second before resuming. Happens on every gear as well, most noticeable on WOT.

Would ECU adaptation helps?