GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC Vent Chrome Peices ?

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
I'm driving this morning, and I notice one of the ac vents chrome peices is gone on my center console. Any ideas on where I can find those ? I've looked everywhere and all I can find is the whole center console vent!
I need some help! Thank you.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I lost my passenger side one. I could not find anywhere that had just the chrome trim piece. I ended up buying a used passenger side vent. Good luck in your search.

XZT123

Ready to race!
When I bought my GTI it was missing the chrome piece and I didn't notice because it was dark outside. The dealer replaced it for me, but they had to order the entire vent piece. I don't think anyone sells just the chrome.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Can't find it anywhere there man. I really appreciate your help you guys, I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy the whole vent.

It is a pretty common problem, if you are under warranty, I would try to get the dealer to replace it for free

fredf

Go Kart Champion
It is a pretty common problem, if you are under warranty, I would try to get the dealer to replace it for free

I just had my dealer replace the rear vent grill for free under warranty. At some point it must have been knocked off by someone in the rear.

willmk4

Go Kart Champion

I'm going to have to give my dealer a call tomorrow then! Hopefully they can replace it. Its really bugging me.

cased

Passed Driver's Ed
Same thing here, noticed it was gone, asked them about it and they ordered a whole new vent. It wasn't even an issue.

MyStro023

Ready to race!
No one has ever found replacements? Im missing two at this point.
Nope... Very common loss and the whole vent is the only replacement I've ever seen. I lost one to an interior detail I didn't notice until 2 days later.

My next service I will ask for a replacement as I have the crazy 100K warranty that covers everything but maintenance parts

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

NWG

ah yes.....talked to the local VW dealer, sent photos....no dice. Only comes with complete vent. I started hitting the web, and found a complete vent set out of Texas. Less than $40 with shipping, so I have the 2 I need....plus 2 extra's. Also missing the trim tops on the driver side controls......those are on the "slow boat from China" but less than $10.
Believe me, I will be watching these items very closely....:)