GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning DSG ROM Collection

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Why do y’all do this?

This isn’t Amazon Prime where you get things delivered in two days. It’s pretty simple: it takes time. Either remain patient, or move on. There’s no point in Cobb updating the thread every week with “we’re working on it” when they have tons of other programs going on. They likely rotate projects in and out of focus. Even if they have some progress to report, it would likely be above most of our heads...

Just sit back and chill. Y’all haven’t paid Cobb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since i have purchased the AP, they released 2 updates to fix some small gauge issues, i was hoping this would atleast add some car compatibility..but nope it was all wishful thinking.

You wouldn't be happy to be sitting with a £500 brick for the last 3 months would you?

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
Since i have purchased the AP, they released 2 updates to fix some small gauge issues, i was hoping this would atleast add some car compatibility..but nope it was all wishful thinking.

You wouldn't be happy to be sitting with a £500 brick for the last 3 months would you?

Unfortunately, it’s not good business to laser focus on a very small segment. If I were in your position, I would accept it for what it is... Having also been on the producer side of things is why my perception my seem ridiculous. As consumers we want things now, and in the auto aftermarket market, we tend to think everyone only works for us first, and our platform second. You purchased a brick for £500... So, what? Take it as a lesson learned. We all get burned at some point. And yes, I’m defending Cobb. They’re not in the wrong because they can’t spend all their time catering to a platform.

Anyway, to answer your question directly: I’d be fine... I spent 5k on a built engine (Fiesta ST) that spun a bearing in 7 months. I haven’t seen that car in 9 months now because of a lot other crazyness. It’ll be rebuilt bigger and stronger by the end of this year. I have a whole car that’s bricked... I’ve been paying a note on a car I haven’t seen in 9 months. I’m about to pay the car off and I’m not mad because things happen... I knew what I was getting into, and was prepared for the worst to happen because nothing is guaranteed.

With all that said, there’s nothing wrong with pinging them. And for everyone else, complaining online about something you haven’t paid for is silly.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Unfortunately, it’s not good business to laser focus on a very small segment. If I were in your position, I would accept it for what it is... Having also been on the producer side of things is why my perception my seem ridiculous. As consumers we want things now, and in the auto aftermarket market, we tend to think everyone only works for us first, and our platform second. You purchased a brick for £500... So, what? Take it as a lesson learned. We all get burned at some point. And yes, I’m defending Cobb. They’re not in the wrong because they can’t spend all their time catering to a platform.

Anyway, to answer your question directly: I’d be fine... I spent 5k on a built engine (Fiesta ST) that spun a bearing in 7 months. I haven’t seen that car in 9 months now because of a lot other crazyness. It’ll be rebuilt bigger and stronger by the end of this year. I have a whole car that’s bricked... I’ve been paying a note on a car I haven’t seen in 9 months. I’m about to pay the car off and I’m not mad because things happen... I knew what I was getting into, and was prepared for the worst to happen because nothing is guaranteed.

With all that said, there’s nothing wrong with pinging them. And for everyone else, complaining online about something you haven’t paid for is silly.

Damn, I hope your fiesta gets sorted soon.

Considering how long the ap had been out for.. You would think it would've atleast be compatible for the car it was released for? Barring the dsg tune side of things.

But the wait goes on regardless..

ksandman

Ready to race!
I think another thing to take into consideration is that out of all of the platforms Cobb supports, Volkswagen is probably a mere spec compared to their other vehicles they support. I’m sure something is in the mix and something will be released.. eventually, but they did post that they got over 100 submissions for their dsg software. That doesn’t seem like much in my eyes and says that the demand isn’t so high that it needs to get done right now, especially when there are other dsg tunes that work exceptionally well and that have been tried and true.

I will likely end up getting a different brand dsg tune, and while I hate to mix match ecu and tcu software, that’s ultimately what I’ll have to do, given I get my car running soon haha.

flakomk6

Ready to race!
Right now they are working on both mk7 and mk6 dsg tunes . From what i heard (reliable source) the mk7 tcu tune might (or will) be out first. The reason why is because they started to work on the mk7 tcu first. But they are working on both of them .

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Damn, I hope your fiesta gets sorted soon.

Considering how long the ap had been out for.. You would think it would've atleast be compatible for the car it was released for? Barring the dsg tune side of things.

But the wait goes on regardless..

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but an option here would have been to specifically check with Cobb on whether your ECU box code was supported prior to purchasing. But what's done is done, and I hope your box code gets supported soon!

G3Rizon

Passed Driver's Ed
Take this at face value, but I recently reached out to Cobb asking about future support for feature changes and performance tuning for the MK6 DSG platform. Although they couldn't say too much, the support representative explained that they are actively researching and developing these changes for the MK6/MK7 platforms alongside their development on the Porsche side. They know that there are people actively looking for information and improvements.

We just have to take that at face value, and hope it pans out well.

Laimface

Ready to race!
DSG remapping has been a thing for years in the VAG world... I don't understand why it's taking so long! You USA guys are just lucky that you have the latest version too, the rest of the world doesn't even get the additional features that were released 9 months ago...

flakomk6

Ready to race!
Idk why they are taking a bit long but i am looking at other options , i can’t wait any longer than what i already have . I am already big turbo and i can’t even get full power until i have a dsg tune ...

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Doesn't the original post of this thread say sometime in Q2 of 2018? Q2 would be April, May, June. It's barely coming towards the end of June and some of you were already flipping it out wasn't ready in February lol

Laimface

Ready to race!
Idk why they are taking a bit long but i am looking at other options , i can’t wait any longer than what i already have . I am already big turbo and i can’t even get full power until i have a dsg tune ...

Plenty of DSG tuners around. A friend of mine can custom tune DSG boxes to customers specific requirements for shift times, clamping pressure etc.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Noticed Cobb had released new firmware update but nothing for non-usa models....