GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
If you purchase new wheels is it better to keep the original wheels to sell with the car in the future or sell the original wheels to make room in the garage and sell with the car with the aftermarket wheels?

The wheels I bought are Nuespeed RSe10's and are a classy OEM plus look in my opinion. My original wheels are Serrons that have curb damage.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you purchase new wheels is it better to keep the original wheels to sell with the car in the future or sell the original wheels to make room in the garage and sell with the car with the aftermarket wheels?

The wheels I bought are Nuespeed RSe10's and are a classy OEM plus look in my opinion. My original wheels are Serrons that have curb damage.

I kept my oem wheels for that reason. I could sell the new wheels for more than the oem wheels once I'm done with this car. If I buy another GTI I'd also prefer to keep my neuspeeds over the oem wheels on a new gti.

It was also nice having my oem wheels for the week I had my neuspeeds powdercoated.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i sold my detroits, which were badly curbs as those tend to get. i figure at the end of the day if i ever selll this thing i can find some on here or on CL for cheap. or can jsut sell the car as is with the enkeis i have on there.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I have winter wheels that I can sell the car with that I won’t be mad about losing. Probably won’t be selling this car anyways lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jptamayonaise

Ready to race!
Lol I sold my Detroits for $100 dirt cheap at first but regretting it later because I realized that people sell their Detroits for so much just for OEM wheels and it’s nice to have just in case. Luckily my friend who just bought some aftermarket wheels sold his detroits to me for $100 so I just got my money back.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Alright so I didn't want to make a new thread in the event that this is in fact a dumb question.. But yesterday I installed a dogbone insert into my car. First off it has made throttle response worlds better and I love it. However, when I was installing it i noticed I could move my entire underside of the transmission by at least a good inch, basically swinging around. Is that normal? Also, when I shift into reverse now, it has an ungodly amount of vibration and noise now.. Please tell me that goes away! I get it in first gear but its no where near as bad as reverse..

Please help me!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Alright so I didn't want to make a new thread in the event that this is in fact a dumb question.. But yesterday I installed a dogbone insert into my car. First off it has made throttle response worlds better and I love it. However, when I was installing it i noticed I could move my entire underside of the transmission by at least a good inch, basically swinging around. Is that normal? Also, when I shift into reverse now, it has an ungodly amount of vibration and noise now.. Please tell me that goes away! I get it in first gear but its no where near as bad as reverse..

Please help me!

*It'll go down as it breaks in
*Its worse in cold weather
*The transmission movement is probably a worn mount

Some added nvh is expected though yeah, with your mount you replaced it with a new bolt right? They are 1 time use stretch bolts.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
*It'll go down as it breaks in
*Its worse in cold weather
*The transmission movement is probably a worn mount

Some added nvh is expected though yeah, with your mount you replaced it with a new bolt right? They are 1 time use stretch bolts.

Yep put in the new provided bolt. How hard would replacing the trans mount be? Something I could do myself at my buddys shop?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Alright gents,

Is there a proper drive cycle I need to perform for clearing a permanent DTC?

I have a P0413 code and have inspected all the tubes and wires for the secondary air injection system and all look fine.

I replaced the pressure sensor that sits on the check/combo valve.

When I clear the CEL and wait for a cold start, the SAI pump will kick on for the 20/30 seconds like it should (ever since replacing the pressure sensor this past weekend) then turn off.

But after going for a short drive and turning the car off and back on the CEL comes back.

Maybe I have to perform a proper drive cycle to clear the permanent DTC???

KDOG1

Ready to race!
2010 gti, is the sagging headliner a known/common issue that Volkswagen fixes without hesitation?
My headliner is sagging around the rear light all the way to the hatch..
If it isn't, what's the best route to go about it?
I was thinking email to vwoa with pictures and information about car and history/how long iv have had it, or take it to local dealer first get quote and send email?
I have extended warranty with full coverage but not sure if this is covered rather not pay deductible as well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
2010 gti, is the sagging headliner a known/common issue that Volkswagen fixes without hesitation?
My headliner is sagging around the rear light all the way to the hatch..
If it isn't, what's the best route to go about it?
I was thinking email to vwoa with pictures and information about car and history/how long iv have had it, or take it to local dealer first get quote and send email?
I have extended warranty with full coverage but not sure if this is covered rather not pay deductible as well.

Since it's no longer under the bumper to bumper warranty, forget about VW covering it

You could try the extended warranty, but I'm not sure if they'll cover it?

Outside of that, the bill is on you:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80950

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I'm going for emissions today so I'm on the stock tune and I have a 90 degree O2 spacer in, readiness is all good and I should pass. My question is should I remove the O2 spacer when I flash back to stage 2?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't need to remove the spacer. Stage 2 doesn't check that sensor for readiness, which is why you don't throw codes stg2.
But will at stock

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
picking up a set of golf r Ed's reps, they guy selling them says that they are missing the main bulb holders. Can I use my H7 HID kit and bulb adapters? Would my H7 adapters replace the missing main bulb holders?