GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 DSG Brake Lock

Randycfitch

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,
I believe the MK6 has a hill-break feature that engages the brake to hold the car from rolling backward on a hill.

Has anyone felt that brake-lock function when you stop at a stop sign or red light on flat ground? In my car, when I come off the brake and depress the gas pedal, there is a hesitation as if the brake is being disengaged or as if the transmission is being dropped into gear. It makes the car jump into motion.

Anyone out experiencing this same instance?

Thanks in avance

Randy
'10 GTI DSG

alexg

Passed Driver's Ed
YES I experience this quite a lot , and the only way to not have this problem is to be very very gentle when leaving your stop and going out very smoothly ... but it's really annoying .. I drive my GTI as it's supposed to be driven and doing that sucks, the DSG jerks a lot and I quite hate it. If I could go back, I'd choose manual 100000%

P1NDLESK1N

Ready to race!
The only time I've felt what you described was approaching a stop in 2nd, but then it automatically shifting to 1st as I roll through ~10mph.

The gas pedal will be unresponsive for .1 second, right as I decide to go, and then jerks into gear.

Are you sure that's not the case, and that it is indeed the hill stopping feature?

jokerific

Ready to race!
Hello All,
I believe the MK6 has a hill-break feature that engages the brake to hold the car from rolling backward on a hill.

Has anyone felt that brake-lock function when you stop at a stop sign or red light on flat ground? In my car, when I come off the brake and depress the gas pedal, there is a hesitation as if the brake is being disengaged or as if the transmission is being dropped into gear. It makes the car jump into motion.

Anyone out experiencing this same instance?

Thanks in avance

Randy
'10 GTI DSG

You probably catch the DSG at a moment when the clutch is disengaged. How fast do you take your foot off the brake? If you do it smoothly enough there's hardly any lag, ever.