GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
10k miles on my '12, no problems to report other than a rattle that was caused by the heat shield not being tightened down enough on drivers side.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, $0 out of pocket for me though I have had to call on my CPO warranty due to being past 3 years.

Which is why I promote picking up a year old used CPO version. Better warranty than new, and can get autobahn trim for base prices.

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
2010 Stage II with 74000 miles...had the intake manifold replaced under warranty but so far that has been the only issue.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Hmm this coolant/water pump really is a problem. The carfax on this gti im about to pick up says the water pump and drive belts have been replaced twice. One at 3.5k miles then again at 14k miles. It now has 16k miles. really concerning.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Thoughts on platinum 6yr/75,000 mile warranty. Through toyota for the 12' GTI?
Said anything happens walk in into any VW and pay 50.00 for anything-parts&labor minus wear and tear. 1,050 platinum warranty?

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Regarding that aftermarket warranty, find out who the provider is and get a preliminary contract to read over line by line. Look up the company's rep online.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Regarding that aftermarket warranty, find out who the provider is and get a preliminary contract to read over line by line. Look up the company's rep online.

Strictly toyota, no 3rd party or anything like that. I actually work where im getting it, (longo toyota) so I had a long strict talk with a finance manager and told me everything it doesn't and what does with a brochure. so I'm good now. Thanks!