GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made the Switch to Driver Motorsport TSI K04+ Software

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Thought I'd start one of these......... and take it step by step. Received my driver programmer from DM yesterday (4/26/14), so I'm still in the process of getting the tune flashed over onto my ecu. Most likely in the next few days, but the support from DM is awesome. It's just damn nice to exchange emails with the actual guy who writes the tunes. Plus getting DM to answer each question/concern in a simple technical way (data/logs/dyno) without any bs or excuses helps:thumbsup:

And no, I did not get paid to write this, or got the tune for free. I've been in touch with Bronson from DM for the past 3 months (give or take) and finally made the decision to give them a chance. They might be a small company......for now at least, but there is no way you can get that kinda of support from anyone else.

Guess I should start with a little background of the car. Original owner since summer of 2009 (currently few hundred miles shy from 60k). I do my own maintenance and install all the goodies by myself. Valves were cleaned at 50k when I installed the meth system, also installed 4 brand new injectors at the time.

2009 VW GTI, TSI CCTA, DSG transmission

Past Mods:

10-23-2009 - APR Stage 1
04-14-2011 - APR Stage 2 V1.2

Current Mods:

4/14/12 - APR K04
3'' Billy Boat Catted DP (200 cell I believe)
Carbonio Intake
S3 intercooler
R8 Red Coils
NGK PFR7B Spark Plugs (.028 gap for now)
AWE S3 Top pipe
Nuespeed Air Charge Pipe
Aquamist HFS-4 DPI meth system
Driver Gear springs/Koni Str.t struts
H&R 24 mm Rear sway bar
034 Motorsport Engine/Transmission mounts
Boost gauge
Vagcom HEX-USB+CAN Interface

My goal (I'm sure DM goal also) is to have two files that are the best out there: 93 octane K04+ file, and a water meth file. I'll try to update this thread as much as I can (we just had a 11lbs 2oz baby boy born few weeks ago, so please bare with me on this journey). Hoping for friendly and informational conversations in here only. DM feel free to add anything in here if you'd like.

4/29/14- uploaded stock file from ecu (6-7 minutes)

4/29/14 - about two hours later (thank you DM for getting the file to me:clap:)

First DM TSI K04+ 3bar Map Sensor tune impressions:

All I have to say is thank you so much to DM for all the hard work they put into this tune. Car drives so smooth and it's synced perfectly with the DSG. It was raining while I drove the car for few miles tonight, so mostly I just cruised around pretty much just going with the traffic. Car is real quiet now, feels just like a stock gti. I'm not sure why I always blamed my engine mounts for the vibrations and cabin noises, but half of those are gone with the new tune. Dsg doesn't freak out anymore when you're rolling slowly to a stop, or when you slowly take off, it knows what it's supposed to do. Can't wait to for the rain to stop.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Dyno results (DM TSI K04 vs. APR TSI K04 V3.1), both 93 octane files, same car on the same dynojet.

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Subd :clap:

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Knew this would find its way over here lol;)

Btw, what stock cars do those wheels come from. I like them!

Avant

Ready to race!
lmao a new tune making your car less loud? unless you're talking about cold starts

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I'm curious though, is this engine software only, or did you also do some sort of DSG tune? I just don't understand how engine software alone would affect how the DSG behaves...

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
lmao a new tune making your car less loud? unless you're talking about cold starts

On turbocharged cars (with a Map Sensor), this is the case. When I had my turbocharged Civic tuned and dynoed, it sounds stock on startups.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I love loud start-up. :w00t:

Any dyno numbers yet? :confused:

93 + meth
100 + meth

Also congrats on the baby.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I'm curious though, is this engine software only, or did you also do some sort of DSG tune? I just don't understand how engine software alone would affect how the DSG behaves...

Thinking about dsg tune next, but for now it's just engine software. Can't really explain why the dsg feels better than from the previous tune. I had the stock tune for few days and noticed a difference in slow daily traffic driving. And with DM it stayed the same.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I know you have a Mk5 but did you try the APR v3 K04 software at all before you made the switch to DM?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
car runs smoother so yes. And no, not talking about cold starts.

I know all about a tune making your car louder. My change from Uni stage 1 to stage 2 (BOTH with same aftermarket downpipe) made the exhaust sound way louder, where ever that comes from. Probably the different fueling techniques, which effect the sound of the car. Good thread. I have been looking at DM a long time, and I have a tune box coming for testing soon. Mainly for the cold start delete which is very important to me, but hopefully a killer tune too. My car already runs PERFECT, so I have nothing to lose either way.

Last edited: