GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else doing the Keto Diet?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The problem I have with a keto diet is it's too much of a life style change. I don't want to cut out carbs for the rest of my life (or as long as I want to be thin).

https://www.iifym.com/fundamentals-keto-diet/
my friend did keto for about 3 months(dropped from 220 to 185) and and then switched back to carbs/regular diet.. he also works out 5 days a week though and he maintains his new weight of 180-185. for the past few months no problem.

Although i will admit the change in diet has been hard. so many foods i enjoy have way to many carbs in them.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
i bought the strips on amazon prime for like $5. GNC sells em for like ~10.

You wouldn't believe it, but GNC or Vitamin Shoppe didn't have them. I went to CVS and they did. I have been using the test strips and good news, I"M PREGNANT! I mean ketones are present. I must be doing it right enough.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You wouldn't believe it, but GNC or Vitamin Shoppe didn't have them. I went to CVS and they did. I have been using the test strips and good news, I"M PREGNANT! I mean ketones are present. I must be doing it right enough.

Haha right.
Yesterday was my official one week. (i also cut soda and basically all drinks besides water) and im down 14lbs.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
nice. I cut most drinks, I still have black coffee, and a monster rehab. 14lbs in one week?
Yeah i can almost guarantee most of that is water weight. When i started i was 236 as of yesterday i was 222.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
well i can attest that was all water weight. its been a week and 5 days and im now down 17lbs. Weighing in at 219.4lbs. (since the first week, which i assumed was all soda/water weight ive gone down another 3 lbs. Not bad for actually burning fat).

I still dont know if im gonna stick with Keto... my goal is to at least make it to the end of august doing full blown keto and then go from there based on what my weight is.

Another buddy also did keto and exercise and he started at 250 and just weighed in at 179lbs after 5 months.

My goal weight right now is 200lbs and then im sure once i hit 200 ill move my goal to 190.

Joveen

Ready to race!
It takes 30 days for you to fully stick with it. Good luck.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Week 2 Done.
Im down 18lbs.I weighed 217.9lbs yesterday. Lets see if i can make 210 by the end of august.
Should be able to.. 11 days left thats ~8lbs to go or just under 3/4 a lb each day.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Week 2 Done.
Im down 18lbs.I weighed 217.9lbs yesterday. Lets see if i can make 210 by the end of august.
Should be able to.. 11 days left thats ~8lbs to go or just under 3/4 a lb each day.

Fuck yea! I'm sure you will get there unless you hit a plateau for some reason. Has the diet been easy for you? Some days are harder than others, but it hasn't been too bad.

I weighed myself yesterday, and I'm down to 267, so I have officially lost 20lbs since dieting and 6lbs since starting keto. I have a wedding around the end of October that I wanted to weigh 260 for, looks like I will easily make that, a may even get close to 250, which is much closer to my overall target weight. I'm thinking about starting up a workout, bc I feel physically weak, and I fucking hate that feeling.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Need a sample. Was gonna do keto and intermittent fasting

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The diet has been alright. I still see food and i want it but ive been good about not eating bad food. I still get cravings when i see doughnuts and stuff.

Right now my target weight is to be under 200lbs. That would be 35-40lbs less than what i have weighed the past couple years. Depending on how well its going or if im tired of keto i may switch up to a different form of dieting or carb cycling... not sure.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Need a sample. Was gonna do keto and intermittent fasting

My normal set up is i wake up at 7am i usually eat 2 eggs cooked in butter and olive oil maybe a bit of heavy cream with some bacon or sausage patties (the low sodium kind as they are not cured with sugar). Usually 0 carbs or 1 carb total.

Then around lunch (11-1pm) ill have some form of lunch lol. It depends last week i meal prepped a cheeseburger soup which was pretty good. I didn't prep yet this week but i did pull out some salmon to meal prep. I usually try and keep my lunch to around 5-8 carbs or less.

Then depending on if its a workout day or not ill eat dinner around 5:30-6pm on non work out days and if it is a work out day i eat dinner after working out.

Dinner is kinda up in the air... i sometimes cook some stuff or go to chipotle,get a buritto salad(no rice or beans) or five guys and get a lettuce wrap double bacon cheeseburger. I Try to keep my dinner under 10 carbs.

If all goes well throughout the day i sometimes end the day with a "fat bomb" or atkins treat bar depending on what my macro intake was for the day.

I usually drink around 100oz of water per day and more while at the gym. I usually drink a full liter while im at the gym.

Usually im set up around 1500-1800 calories per day. 120-150 grams of fat per day. and around 100 grams of protein per day. All while being under 20 carbs for the day. Some days i do less some days i do a little more. It just depends. I know my calorie deficit is a little high at 30-35%.