GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Chatchie

Ready to race!
The surging (throttle) is a common problem that lots of people, including myself, have had from the beginning.

Haven't heard a solid fix yet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
The surging issue is why I switched over to a Unitronic dsg and ecu tune for my k04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
The surging issue is why I switched over to a Unitronic dsg and ecu tune for my k04

I wish I would have went with Unitronic from the beginning. Never was APR, but haven’t been that thrilled with my GIAC stage 2 either.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
At least giac will adjust their tunes....did you try that?

Been dealing with it since spring and lots of back and forth. Have to spend more money to strap it down to a mustang dyno at my tuner and do more logging. I switched back to OEM diverter valve as well. He think it’s narrowed down to what the wastegate is getting told to do. So hopefully they can figure it out and get it fixed like you mentioned. Only problem is my tuner is a smaller shop so he is usually very booked up on time (good for his size of shop) bad for me getting things accomplished in a timely manner. GIAC is backed up as well. So usually takes them a week or two to go over logs. My tuner even had Garrett look at the files. They just need more data on the wastegate duty cycles. It’s just a frustrating process that has been going on for a long time. Can’t even get suspension taken care of from all these issues right now.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I've noticed the surging since Wednesday with my DSG as well. There is a hesitation on WOT, it feels like the fuel was cut for a half second before resuming. Happens on every gear as well, most noticeable on WOT.

Would ECU adaptation helps?

Also noticing this. Especially at WOT, it's hit or miss.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Wish Cobb was in the game from the get go, would have gone with them.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I switched to cobb/strat earlier this year because of surging issues with APR. It's one of the best things I've done for my car.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
Unfortunately I have a CC so I'm kinda stuck but if you have a GTI the COBB AP seems like a no brainier at this point. It's more of an investment than a product and you can sell it down the road if you choose.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So if i was to get an acessport and stratfied tune, can i theoretically uninstall it/ sell it and go back to apr if they get a new update?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So if i was to get an acessport and stratfied tune, can i theoretically uninstall it/ sell it and go back to apr if they get a new update?

I don't think the strat tune you'll get will be good for anyone else, but the AP can definitely be sold.

You still own a license to an APR tune, so you'd have to go back to your tuner and pay them their labor fee to have APR reinstalled.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Has anybody else's 2.4 developed some odd surging feelings? When I change gears (MT) there is initial power and then what feels like a dip before the power comes back. It's on every gear and at any level of acceleration. Also, when I first got this update it really smoothed out my starts but now the jerkiness is back.

I'm getting really dissatisfied with this tune and am actually wondering whether I should change brands.

The dreaded boost fluctuations that i had with v2.1 have returned for me, which is a first for v2.4. It makes the car nearly unbearable to drive. 5-15psi boost oscillations from 3500-5000 RPM, until it finally levels off.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
The dreaded boost fluctuations that i had with v2.1 have returned for me, which is a first for v2.4. It makes the car nearly unbearable to drive. 5-15psi boost oscillations from 3500-5000 RPM, until it finally levels off.
Exactly what happens with mine. Mostly under moderate throttle, like trying to quickly pull away from a stop sign but not at full throttle. It's like it gets confused and thinks I let off and dumps boost, but then gives it all back.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Exactly what happens with mine. Mostly under moderate throttle, like trying to quickly pull away from a stop sign but not at full throttle. It's like it gets confused and thinks I let off and dumps boost, but then gives it all back.

The N75 valve is being told to dump boost. Looking at logs just now and I see duty cycle dropping and then increasing. This is classic PID loop tuning behavior when the gain is turned up too high. The system overshoots setpoint and process values oscillate...in this case boost

Chatchie

Ready to race!
The N75 valve is being told to dump boost. Looking at logs just now and I see duty cycle dropping and then increasing. This is classic PID loop tuning behavior when the gain is turned up too high. The system overshoots setpoint and process values oscillate...in this case boost
So your saying it's overshooting it's target boost and then pulling it to try and maintain?

Why would it think it's overboosting tho? I'm only around 15-18psi when it's surging. Maybe to much boost in to little time?