GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning/Chip FAQ Thread: Which One Do I choose?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
APR sale started today, for those who care!

Also, Grambles, I know that I don't know you, but I swear to God, you're like my idol. I stalkerishly click threads every time I see that you've replied.

No homo.

:thumbsup: Thanks man.

jernigan007

Ready to race!
my ecu flash is scheduled for april 10th! hopefully my intake will be here by then. gonna be sweeet. :happyanim:

Last edited:

j1reds

I was woundering if GIAC have sales like apr for their ecu flash, if yes when do they usually have them, and what do u get with it.

eppy

Ready to race!
I was woundering if GIAC have sales like apr for their ecu flash, if yes when do they usually have them, and what do u get with it.

From GIAC Facebook page posted a couple days ago - :thumbsup:

With the recent competitive success of our race gas calibrations on 2.0T platforms, both down the strip and on the track, we would like to offer a promotion to give our customers a chance to join in on the fun. GIAC will be offering pump, "stock," and race programs, with a handheld program switcher for $600.00 on all 2.0T platforms from now until Monday, April 30th, 2012.

I have an appointment setup for next Wednesday.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Updated OP

j1reds

From GIAC Facebook page posted a couple days ago - :thumbsup:

With the recent competitive success of our race gas calibrations on 2.0T platforms, both down the strip and on the track, we would like to offer a promotion to give our customers a chance to join in on the fun. GIAC will be offering pump, "stock," and race programs, with a handheld program switcher for $600.00 on all 2.0T platforms from now until Monday, April 30th, 2012.

I have an appointment setup for next Wednesday.

Cool, hey how much does ur GIAC dealerin MD charge for labor, I check the only dealer I know in newyork. There charging $200 labor so that would be 800, still which is still not bad for for the programs plus handheld. But I still think $200 is high for labor.

j1reds

You are in NY? Why go all the way to MD?

I have family down there, I usually drive downevery now then. I know I will be there before the end of the sale, so I might as well try and get it if its cheaper. Unless u know somewhere else.:iono:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone heard of ATM tuning ?

They claim to get around 270 hp with just a software upgrade and no hardware add ons..

here is their website

http://www.atm-chiptuning.com/

Never heard of them, and it'll be hard to find much info here since this site is so heavily US based. I don't see where they get that with a normal GTI. If you look on their GTI list here, you'll see that the 200hp GTI goes to 240hp, and the 210hp GTI goes to 245. Not sure where you see 270hp from a normal K03 GTI on just a tune. Did I miss it somewhere?

jesiali

Well a friend of mine took his car there
They gave him a dyno reading of 278hp and 410nm of torque

I don't think this is true.

This friend tried with a stage 1 golf R from 60 km/h

There are about a cars distance or more when he reached 140 mpre or less

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zo1nnc

D4UN7L355

EVOC Qualified
Cool, hey how much does ur GIAC dealerin MD charge for labor, I check the only dealer I know in newyork. There charging $200 labor so that would be 800, still which is still not bad for for the programs plus handheld. But I still think $200 is high for labor.

Go to the website and punch in your zip code. There are few APR dealers relatively close by.

mugsy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm glad you asked in this thread. Yes Stage 2 alters boost requests etc. etc. to allow the power band to be a lot smoother and linear. Plus it adds a lot of higher end power. Its NOT just preventing the CEL

Yes there are plenty of companies that will offer non testpipe files if you can guarantee no CELs

What if you do get downpipe-related CELs while using a Stage 2 non-testpipe file? Does it cause any problems with performance or anything else?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
What if you do get downpipe-related CELs while using a Stage 2 non-testpipe file? Does it cause any problems with performance or anything else?

Ultimately, Stage 2 tuning modifies what the First 02 sensor should see in terms of your lambda values. The CEL would just say, hey, you're CAT is going out or sucks. It wouldnt really hinder performance as much.