GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a Golf R

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I don't think so, they seem pretty even to me. The outer one may look brighter in the picture because the camera was staring straight into those diodes.

Hi, yeah I appreciate that they can appear to have different intensities when viewed from different angles and they are indeed difficult to photograph but mine are definitely brighter on the outers when viewed from directly behind, I have followed a few others that have factory fitted tails (I'm in the uk) and most do appear brighter, I've been through every possible byte 18 code and the only two that function correctly without errors are a little brighter on the outer lights, I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to establish if this is normal or wether it is my coding or BCM version that is causing it? Is there any chance of a shot of your tails from directly behind please? It would be a great help, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I appreciate I may be over thinking this ;-)

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Huh, yeah I'm not sure then. Mine seem pretty consistent. I coded my byte 18 to 20 from 21.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Huh, yeah I'm not sure then. Mine seem pretty consistent. I coded my byte 18 to 20 from 21.

Yours is NAR so the byte 18 selection won't be the same for me, mine do however appear much more similar in brightness now the cars been washed! I live in a very rural location with narrow roads and a lot of mud not helped by the fact that everything is being dug up to lay fibre optic cables at the moment, its very hard to keep the car clean! The inners and outers are still a bit different though, I've found this picture of another members car and their tails appear exactly as mine do so I've come to the conclusion they may all be like this,

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Sorry for jacking your thread!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't suppose you know what voltage your tails are in byte 19 do you???

Sorry for jacking your thread!

No worries. I don't, I didn't really pay attention to anything other than the byte I needed to switch to get the warning lights on my dash to shut up. Sorry!

bebersol

Ready to race!
observation, the LEDs in the outers are closer to the lens surface than the LEDs on the inners.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
observation, the LEDs in the outers are closer to the lens surface than the LEDs on the inners.

Oh Ok! I haven't noticed that, I'll take a look as I would have presumed it was the other way around!

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Boost gauge installed. I read people are 50/50 on Prosport gauges. I like it so far, build seemed decent, it's dimmable and adjusts for altitude so for 85 bucks I can't complain.

Gauge Sweep / Self Check:

Boost:

bmc333

Ready to race!
Sooooo installed the boost gauge. The piping that was supplied with the gauge is too small to fit over the nipple of the ECS boost tap I bought...

I found this out AFTER I ran the tubing through the firewall and into the engine bay. Im hoping I can just tape the two tubes together and pull the new tubing I bought straight into the engine bay when it arrives.

Overall I'm kinda meh about the numbers. It seems like the Mustang was reading SUPER low for everyone.

I went with the ECS gauge kit (vent mount, their gauge, boost tap and tubing and ran into the same issue with the tubing diameter being WAY too small. I did get the tubing to work however, had to soak the end of the tubing in boiling hot water to make it soft enough that I could force it over the end of the boost tap nip - got it on and it and its been on there nice and snug for about a year now, no issue.

Regarding Mustang dynos, I've heard they run low on their measurements and Dynojets are a better measurement for AWD output.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with the ECS gauge kit (vent mount, their gauge, boost tap and tubing and ran into the same issue with the tubing diameter being WAY too small. I did get the tubing to work however, had to soak the end of the tubing in boiling hot water to make it soft enough that I could force it over the end of the boost tap nip - got it on and it and its been on there nice and snug for about a year now, no issue.

Regarding Mustang dynos, I've heard they run low on their measurements and Dynojets are a better measurement for AWD output.

I ended up buying new silicone tubing from 42DD and it was WAY more quality. Super easy to fit and they included zip ties for added security.

And yea, Im not too concerned over those dyno numbers. The car is quick and even with those whp/wtq numbers it's making somewhere around 270/300 crank assuming a 20% loss.