GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In car acceleration

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
As everyone else had said, cruise control 1} saves my pedal foot 2} provides the best MPG

you know, i never really used cruise control (except for longer rides).

After reading this thread i started using it on my daily commutes. I have 5 round trips, and 1 one-way only trip to work on cruise control. i went from 26.5-28mpg (MFD) to 31-33.5mpg. This entire tank so far has been on cruise control, can't wait to see how my overall mpg went up compared to other tanks.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Cruise control is actually worse for mileage than a very diligent driver, but to do better than the CC requires a lot of effort for very little gain - especially since driving for best mpg involves speeding on downhill sections which risks tickets and slowing on uphill sections which annoys other drivers.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Cruise control is actually worse for mileage than a very diligent driver, but to do better than the CC requires a lot of effort for very little gain - especially since driving for best mpg involves speeding on downhill sections which risks tickets and slowing on uphill sections which annoys other drivers.

to get my best mileage i follow my parents minivan with cruise control on, accel some when they start gaining and deccel when they start getting too close. i never actually checked mpg but on a 600 mi trip i saved almost 3/4 of a tank.