GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southwest

Old 11-02-2017, 02:26 AM   #729
Doclively79
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf GTi MK6
Also have VCDS now that my computer is up and running....js
Doclively79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #730
rawag77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Nobody is really active through here. There is the AEG group that meets fairly regularly. I think this link will get you in the right place: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307021249428502/
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #731
bentegrity
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R two-door
Does anyone here have experience using Hewlett Collision?

I had my car repaired in December there and am pretty shocked to see the quality of work after hearing so many referrals and good experiences about the place. There is over-spray all over many different black components on my car, particularly on the black gloss on the front bumper vents (my car is white so it really stands out), also one of the dents was not even completely fixed. The car was also completely covered in dust on the inside from sitting in their shop for so long with windows removed and not being covered. This particularly pains me because I work extensively on a weekly basis with my cleaning regimen to keep my car cleaned. So seeing the back seats covered in dust, also leftover pieces of yellow tape and the black trim they removed being left on the floor of the car.

This is really my first experience with collision repair so I'm curious on how to go about approaching them with the issues. I'm also really not looking forward to them having my car again since they were particularly horrible at knowing when they would have it ready (the estimated "worst case scenario" time-frame they gave me ended up changing four times, it ended up not being ready until a whole two weeks after the original "worst case scenario" estimate.

Apologies for the text block, just extremely infuriated with this whole situation. Advice? Thoughts? Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks
bentegrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #732
rawag77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
There was a guy active in the groups that worked there but I haven't heard from him in a while. His name was Tyler. Next time go to berli's in pflugerville. Expensive but good.
rawag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #733
Tyler12108
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
I've had my front bumper repainted under warranty (it was peeling at the fog lights) and they did a great job, sad to hear that it was half assed by whoever did it. Also, why wouldn't they cover the windows with plastic sheet if it was going to be sitting in a shop??

I think you should talk to the manager there to address the overspray and dent ASAP. I wouldn't bother with trying to get an interior detail unless it really was super dirty and got a noticeable layer of dust/dirt/ect. Might come across as nitpicking otherwise, even if you are OCD about cleanliness like myself.
Tyler12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #734
bentegrity
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R two-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler12108 View Post
I've had my front bumper repainted under warranty (it was peeling at the fog lights) and they did a great job, sad to hear that it was half assed by whoever did it. Also, why wouldn't they cover the windows with plastic sheet if it was going to be sitting in a shop??

I think you should talk to the manager there to address the overspray and dent ASAP. I wouldn't bother with trying to get an interior detail unless it really was super dirty and got a noticeable layer of dust/dirt/ect. Might come across as nitpicking otherwise, even if you are OCD about cleanliness like myself.

Yeah the dust really isnít that bad from a level of being able to clean it. I definitely can, I just couldnít believe someone saw it and didnít think at all about how different it looked from the half-assed wiping of the dashboard to make it look clean. The other issues are definitely things I cannot take care of on my own.

Regarding Tyler, he works at Hewlettís service desk at the dealer, this is the collision shop right next to the dealer. So likely no help there.

One thing I didnít mention was this was all insurance work. Someone hit my car to cause all of this. So itís all warranties and insured hopefully meaning they should be responsible for it. I donít know. Holy crap this is a damn nightmare, I havenít even had this car for 6 months yet, my dream car on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bentegrity is offline   Reply With Quote