GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 10-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #561
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
I want to race a stage 2 car to see the difference. Anyone in tampa want to hit up a 2nd gear roll? Three pedals only lol
Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #562
avni
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MK6
the fact that stage 2 makes you faster then stock 335i ...in the 0-100 range ATLEAST says soooo much

GTIs are godsent
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #563
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
My buddy finally picked up a 2015 (i think?) 9th gen accord coupe v6 manual. We did a quick highway pull... I was either in 3rd or 4th gear and we floored it. The accord kept right up, neck and neck the whole way. Neither of us really pulled, just remained steady. I shifted and then so did he and thats when I immediately pulled ahead... I actually let off and hit the brakes to just stay lined up; wasn't a serious race.

Those V6 accord coupes are quick, he was 100% stock too. The thing that is killing him is the shifting. The accords and civics just don't like to shift quick. Apparently they have a delay valve that prevents you from shifting quick... i guess to prevent transmission damage. But forcing the shift with this delay valve will cause you to slip the clutch... and eventually will ruin the clutch. So he definitely needs to remove that before he can truly shift fast.

Just surprised that the accord hung with me so well for 1 gear. Cool story, I know...
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #564
avni
Drag Race Newbie

SAD ^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #565
GreyGti1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
SAD ^^^^^^^^^^
Find an accord coupe manual and try your luck.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #566
avni
Drag Race Newbie

Lol I don't mean it in terms of YOUR Golf

Just SAD that the accord can hang

GOLF GANG !!!!!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #567
GreyGti1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
Lol I don't mean it in terms of YOUR Golf

Just SAD that the accord can hang

GOLF GANG !!!!!
Oh , yea..... truth. Was disappointed to see him hang with me lol. He's still gotta figure out that shifting thing though... that will make him be much slower.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #568
mexicanwaldo
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 Mk6 GTI United Gray (DSG)
Was at a light next to an IS-F and he was staring over at me so I said to myself “why the fuck not?” And we both hit it when the light turned green. I will add that he had about half a car head start from position.

Went up to 80 and we both let off. I beat him by 2 car lengths and he was salty af.

Douche: you tuned? What’s it put down?
Me: somewhere around 240hp/280tq
Douche: well I lost traction...
Me: I had more wheel spin than you

So he drove off mad lol
Old 11-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #569
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanwaldo View Post
Was at a light next to an IS-F and he was staring over at me so I said to myself “why the fuck not?” And we both hit it when the light turned green. I will add that he had about half a car head start from position.

Went up to 80 and we both let off. I beat him by 2 car lengths and he was salty af.

Douche: you tuned? What’s it put down?
Me: somewhere around 240hp/280tq
Douche: well I lost traction...
Me: I had more wheel spin than you

So he drove off mad lol

Nice! I've had an encounter with both the previous model and the latest model. From a stop or low roll it's a piece of cake but from a high roll maybe around 70-80+ they're top end just kills :/ the little k03 runs out of breath and boost up at top k04 would've probably done the job

*Edit: maybe not so much a piece of cake but it's doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SELA_MK6GTI; 11-16-2017 at 02:00 PM.
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote