GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

short shifter + bushings

aspirollari

Ready to race!
Hey fellas, needs some quick opinions. Just installed the s3 short shifter. Don't notice too much of a difference but hey, it was only 50 bucks. I recently heard about bushings being a great addition for a nice tight feels. 95% of people say 42dd so thats what im going with. However there are just the bushings which are like 25 bucks and then a whole kit which is 45 bucks lol. I mean is there much of a difference between the two? Is it worth getting the kit or are just the bushings perfectly fine?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
42d offers two kits....
$25 Bracket bushings (replaces rubber bushings on the shifter bracket mounted directly on the tranny)
$45 Shifter bushings (replaces plastic/rubber bushings on the shifter cable "ends" which attach to your new S3 short shifter and side-to-side link.) This kit will offer the most reduction in shifter "slop".

Both kits combined with adding metal bracket will offer the greatest reduction in "slop". (Assuming your bracket is plastic like most MK6's with manual trannys.)

Hope that helps! :)

aspirollari

Ready to race!
42d offers two kits....
$25 Bracket bushings (replaces rubber bushings on the shifter bracket mounted directly on the tranny)
$45 Shifter bushings (replaces plastic/rubber bushings on the shifter cable "ends" which attach to your new S3 short shifter and side-to-side link.) This kit will offer the most reduction in shifter "slop".

Both kits combined with adding metal bracket will offer the greatest reduction in "slop". (Assuming your bracket is plastic like most MK6's with manual trannys.)

Hope that helps! :)

gotcha. thanks!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The best way I can put it is this: The bracket bushings improve the "action" of the lever and the bushings improve the "feel" in gear. Personally I like the bracket bushings the best.

But to anyone reading this with any kind of mileage: the best thing you can do is just make sure the bolt holding the lever on the tranny is tight. I realized the other day that mine had loosened itself up after realizing the slop had been getting worse and worse over the miles. Having torqued it back down I felt the best improvement in shift action and slop over the two mods.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
I just have the S3 and a BFI heavy knob and I love it. Even before the knob it was a noticeable difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mamock116

Ready to race!
I have the bracket bushings, S3 shifter linkage and a TWM M1 shift knob. If i could do it all over again and save some cash, id just get the shift knob. It made the most enjoyable shifting experience change.

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the s3 with bracket and shifter bushings. Love it. I'm curious how different it'd feel with one of the metal brackets over the stock plastic, but not enough to get one and put it in now.

:thumbsup: 42dd bushings