GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light, Misfire in Cylinder 2 Still?

arobinsono91

I hope this is in the right section, I am brand new to these forums so please excuse me if it's not in the right place here. And yes I know how to use the search function, and that is why I am posting.

So I just bought a 2013 GTI 6spd MT back in December. Have loved every mile of it so far. The very first day I bought it though, the EPC light flashed on real quick and went right back off for good..until now.. 7 months later.

A few days ago, I was driving and car hesitated, then the vehicle started shaking hard.. the CEL came on flashing multiple times, and started making an awful noise (like a misfire). So I figured it misfired, but I checked my COBB Accessport for the code. No surprise here, P0302 - Misfire in Cylinder 2 detected.

So I start with changing out all of the spark plugs, and it was still misfiring in cylinder 2. So that led me to coil packs.. so I swapped out the coil pack on the first cylinder with the second cylinder, put everything back together, reset the codes, and now it read cylinder #1. YES!! I got it!

SO, I went to the store, got a coil pack per the spec of my vehicle as I did with the spark plugs, installed them, and it ran like a champ. No codes, no EPC light, everything was all good, until 30 miles later. CEL started flashing again, rough shaking again, then the CEL turned off, then the EPC light came on and remained on along with the sound and feel of a misfire again (really rough and no power) but NO CEL this time staying on.

THOUGHTS??? Advice at all??

MODS: Raceland 3 inch downpipe, stock muffler, COBB Accessport running stage II. Intake and backpipe were next, but this misfire beat me to the punch.

Thanks for any advice! Hope to figure this out soon!

Last edited:

arobinsono91

Misfire is still reading P0302 even though no CEL is on.