will this fit?

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
I believe he's talking to me.
And I plan on it.
Gonna take off the "I"
And put on a "R"

"Custom"
Ah, got it. And the GTi logo helps keeping the "sleeper" status.

Sent from the ether.

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI emblem gone

Attachments

• GTr.JPG
    GTr.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 229

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Looks good. I don't think that anyone will mistake it for a Nissan GTR. Glad you were able to get the front clip and reconstruct the R. Use it well?

Sent from the ether.

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good. I don't think that anyone will mistake it for a Nissan GTR. Glad you were able to get the front clip and reconstruct the R. Use it well?

Sent from the ether.

great work! :thumbup:

thanks a lot.
cars still sitting in driveway.:cry:
NYS salvage department said 3-5 weeks to get the title.
its been 3 weeks today. I race home everyday to check the mail box

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
in case anyone cares?
got title and registered my GTR yesterday.
What a beast...

thanks NYS, 5 wks to the day for the title.

I think I know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway.

My car came with a VWR intake, but not sure if its tuned.
The only way to tell is with a boost gauge or to call all the companies that
make tunes with my VIN#???

And did the 13 R come with red footwell lights or did the previous owner change them?

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
in case anyone cares?
got title and registered my GTR yesterday.
What a beast...

thanks NYS, 5 wks to the day for the title.

I think I know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway.

My car came with a VWR intake, but not sure if its tuned.
The only way to tell is with a boost gauge or to call all the companies that
make tunes with my VIN#???

And did the 13 R come with red footwell lights or did the previous owner change them?
They came with 194 light bulbs. The previous owner replaced all of the light bulbs with LEDs, except for the front and rear turn indicators (tail lights) and courtesy lights for the sun visors.

Sent from the ether.

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
Owner changed footwells. And yes on the tuning. See what your boost is and report back:thumbsup:

guess this means gonna have to buy a gauge.

what are your opinions? is the P3 a good choice, and should I spend the extra $ on the $400 with the extra options or is the $199 all that I will really use anyway?

sorry for all the noob ?'s but this is the first performance car I've owned since my corrado yrs ago. and the tech has changed a lot.

a lot different than my '81 caddy diesel too...

Last edited:

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Can't speak on the P3, except that they look nice, and if you want an accurate boost reading with a P3 you might look into the vac line option rather than reading boost via the computer port.

I have a question about your front clip though. Did you run the R's DRL wiring to the GTI fogs? I guess that all worked out for you?

chestR

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't speak on the P3, except that they look nice, and if you want an accurate boost reading with a P3 you might look into the vac line option rather than reading boost via the computer port.

I have a question about your front clip though. Did you run the R's DRL wiring to the GTI fogs? I guess that all worked out for you?

the R has a 3 wire plug (drl),
the GTI has a 2 wire (fog).

I could not figure out why the R has 2 hots and a ground
and it would not power the GTI halogens with only one hot hooked up,
so I had to run both hots from the R to the single hot wire on the fogs.

The R's wiring was also a lighter gauge so I was worried about the halogens pulling too much power and smoking the wiring harness, so I got H8 leds in the fogs now. they also match the headlights much better.

I put the switch in from the gti because it has the pullout (button) to turn on the fogs but its not doing anything, the fogs stay on all the time now even with highbeams. Fogs are on like drl's.

Do the R drl's stay on when headlights are on?

I also get a bulb out indication, someday I'll have to see if i can figure how to code it.

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
the DRLs stay on, but they dim and the DRL indicator will disappear from your cluster when the headlights are on.

zrickety

The Fixer
I got a bluetooth dongle and app that I use for boost etc. I don't use it often but it's handy. Congrats on the title!!!