GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's NEW MK6 R 2.0T Intake Manifold and Software Solutions

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

The new Integrated Engineering 2.0T intake manifold has been carefully designed to provide an effective power increase across the entire rpm range with no loss in low-end power or spool time, with the ability to be used on any turbo setup, including the stock Golf R turbo. We have incorporated several motorsport features into this intake manifold, making it outperform the factory unit, as well as other aftermarket manifolds available.

Performance data:
Using the latest in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software, our engineers have optimized the manifold's airflow and power range for virtually any turbo charger. As seen below on an IE stage 2 91 octane K04 Golf R, there are significant power and torque increases throughout the entire rpm range, with no loss in low-end power or spool time. What that means for you is an incredible increase in the driving experience with a bolt-on performance product, with truly no downsides. Larger power gains are to be seen on big turbo setups as well, with a manifold that is tuned for the natural powerband of the 2.0T engines.

Performance design:
Our plenum design has been generously sized and shaped to optimize and distribute airflow evenly to all 4 cylinders. Plenum volume has been increased to 2.4L, much larger than any other manifold available. To match the large plenum, we have precisely tuned runner length and diameter. Dramatic power and torque increases come from making small changes to the runner design. Our engineers are equipped with CFD software, 3D printing, and in-house engine and chassis dynamometers that were used to research and test many velocity stack and plenum designs. The end result is the best performing intake manifold optimized specifically for 2.0T engines. The IE intake manifold is the only manifold on the market that incorporate integrated velocity stacks.

Features:
Each manifold is cast and machined in the USA by a foundry who is a major OEM supplier. The manifolds are cast from a special self aging, self hardening alloy with especially strict requirements for chemical composition. Top of the line Japanese machining centers machine all major surfaces of the parts in one setup, ensuring perfect fit, finish, and maximum value. Each manifold is finished with a black powdercoat and equipped with a billet velocity stack cover, available in an array of colors.

Additionally, the manifolds are provided with a 1/8" NPT tapped port on each runner for water/methanol injection setups. For builds not using water/methanol injection, you can simply block off the ports using the provided plugs. For advanced builders, our engineers have left generous space around these ports, which can be machined for injector ports if desired for secondary fuel systems. Integrated Engineering will not be offering a machining service for these injector ports.

Full Feature list:

POWER INCREASE
We have carefully engineered and tested this intake manifold in house to get the best results possible in any condition. Due to the unique plenum and runner design all setups with K04 or larger turbos will see gains throughout the entire RPM range.

FLOW TUNED VELOCITY STACKS
Featuring aggressively sized runners and velocity stacks that have been optimally tuned for large power increases throughout the entire RPM band. The flow tested velocity stacks deliver more air than any other manifold on the market.

QUICK SPOOL
With carefully selected runner diameter and length, the IE manifold provides a good balance of power gains throughout the entire powerband, with no loss in spool time or low-end power.

WATER/METHANOL READY
Each runner is ready for individual water/methanol injection nozzles. The cast and pre-drilled and threaded 1/8" NPT ports will make installing your water/meth setup easy. For those not using this feature, the manifolds include blocking plugs.

USA CAST ALUMINUM
The manifolds are cast from a special self aging, self hardening alloy with especially strict requirements for chemical composition. The aluminum manifold makes a great replacement for the stock plastic unit, which is common failure point.

OPTIMIZED PLENUM VOLUME
This plenum on this manifold has been generously sized and shaped to distribute airflow as evenly as possible to all 4 cylinders. The 2.4L internal volume is a massive improvement over the factory piece and ensures a steady supply of air for the engine.

LEARN MORE HERE

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

Integrated Engineering has become well known for attention to detail, high quality, and perfect fitment of performance hardware and engine products that we offer. To complement our quality products, we have developed a line of performance software for the MK6 Golf R, which incorporates the same attention to detail and enables IE to offer a complete performance package. The Stage 2 Pro IM software is performance matched to our intake manifold delivering the max power levels the factory K04 turbocharger is capable of.

The Stage 2 Pro IM MK6 Golf R performance flash requires an IE intake manifold, full exhaust, intake, intercooler, and high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) upgrade. With those supporting modifications, power output is increased to 422ft/lbs and 334WHP on 91/93 octane and boost is increased to 28-30psi

For the most aggressive stock turbo setups, we also offer this file with a 100 octane race fuel option, which will allow more aggressive tuning and larger gains. With the 100 octane file, power output is increased to an impressive 442ft/lbs and 358HP. The 100 octane file is available as an add-on along with the standard 91/93 octane file and can easily be flashed onto the ECU with an IE PowerLink programmer. This option is highly recommended for customers who want to street drive their car, as well as take it to track events.

The IE Pro IM file incorporates the great power gains seen in the Stage 2 file, but also includes launch control and no-lift shift. These features are built into the software and require no end-user adjustment or tuning to use! We have carefully programmed in these features with safety features, which do not activate them unless the conditions are ideal. Firstly, neither option is enabled until the engine reaches 70c, and secondly, they are disabled if the coolant temperature goes above 110c.

Launch Control
With the pre-set 4500rpm launch control, boost is built before launching, allowing you to leave the line with an intense surge of power without the worry of bogging.

No Lift Shift
The no-lift shift features keeps the turbo spooled when shifting, eliminating the need for it to re-spool for each gear, making for quicker ETs and lightning fast shifts. This is only activated on shifts above 5500rpm, so it is not accidentally tripped when casually driving.

Software features:
-Increased power
-Dynometer optimized
-Removed speed limiter
-Increased rev limit
-Matched for IE 2.0T intake manifold
-Improved throttle response
-Launch control
-No lift shifting
-Optimized fueling

Required hardware:
-IE 2.0T Intake Manifold IE part number: IEIMVC1
-Full turbo-back exhaust
-Cold air intake
-HPFP upgrade (IE part number: IEFUVC1 recommended)
-Performance Intercooler (IE part number: IETPCB1 recommended)

LEARN MORE HERE

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Curious on why IE decided to not offer machining for secondary injector ports. I'd figure that would be a nice option and it would be additional revenue for IE.

I'm anxious to see what you guys bring to market for the Mk.7 R platform.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
This looks and sounds badass

Thank you!

Curious on why IE decided to not offer machining for secondary injector ports. I'd figure that would be a nice option and it would be additional revenue for IE.

There is a lot more involved in running secondary injectors than one would think, all the high pressure fuel lines and PCV system are heavily in the way for a HPFP + Injector solution. It would take massive amounts of fabrication and custom lines to work. If you want to convert the car to fuel injection only, its even more work. That is all before you even get to proper tuning for it. In the end we have had a huge demand for this product, but very little demand for manifold injectors over-all, very small percent. That brings another problem, tooling is very expensive and time consuming to build. Once the manifold is machined for injectors it must use injectors, we would need to machine a certain amount of them to make the make the machine time worth it, and run the risk of sitting on a bunch of manifolds that will not sale while the other versions sell quickly. I hope that makes sense, we went back and forth on it a lot.

In the end, for the die hard power guys that are looking for a serious power build that absolutely requires a second set of injectors we did leave plenty of room around the methanol ports for injector bosses to be machined in. This job can be simply done at a local machine shop for a low cost, and if you are building this type of car you will already be far into custom fabrication work anyhow, that will be a small step to take.

I'm anxious to see what you guys bring to market for the Mk.7 R platform.

So are we! We have already finished a few MK7 GTI tunes and our MK7 Golf R should be arriving any day. We already have a growing list of products to get started on the MBQ platform already.

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
Hey so from what I'm seeing you have tuning for golf r, what about the GTI? I've been trying to see if I can get no lift shit and launch control for a while now, this might just make me switch :D

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Beautiful piece! If APR tuning worked with this, I'd scoop one up. I just cannot justify switching to yet a 3rd tuning solution.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Couple things:

Is the 91/93 oct switchable to 100 ? So we can use street gas and then race fuel on track days ?

Can the software work for runner flap delete manifolds ?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
This looks awesome! I'm excited you guys are starting to make tunes!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Hey so from what I'm seeing you have tuning for golf r, what about the GTI? I've been trying to see if I can get no lift shit and launch control for a while now, this might just make me switch :D

GTI is currently in the works, our Stage 2 file is very close right now I have not heard about an ETA for NLS and LC Pro files on that yet.

Couple things: Is the 91/93 oct switchable to 100 ? So we can use street gas and then race fuel on track days ?

Yes it is switchable with our IE PowerLINK programmer.

Can the software work for runner flap delete manifolds ?

The manifold software is designed for use with our manifolds specifically and has not and will not be tested by us for other manufacturers manifolds.

This looks awesome! I'm excited you guys are starting to make tunes!

Thank you, it has been a long time coming and a lot of hard work to get it off the ground.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys writing a TSI ko4 Pro file? i.e. EA888 gen 1 TSI ko4 turbo, your intake manifold, NLS and launch control with program switching 93 octane and 100?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Are you guys writing a TSI ko4 Pro file? i.e. EA888 gen 1 TSI ko4 turbo, your intake manifold, NLS and launch control with program switching 93 octane and 100?

It is in the works to offer such programs for the MK6 TSI engines. We are finishing up our IE stage 2 K04 Manifold software now for the MK6 TSI. Pro files with NLS and LC will take longer. Our NLS and LC feature is a custom software written on the ECU, not a tune to the existing maps. The US Golf R has one ECU code, so it only requires the one software coding. The EA888 Gen 1 TSI has many ecu codes and each different ecu will require a completely new software code for these features. For that reason, the pro files will take longer to develop for the entire chassis. We will have upgrade options as well for existing Stage 1/2/2IM/2IMk04 etc... customers as well when pro is available.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Any sort of ETA on TSI 2IMk04? I am installing HFS4 soon and would love to add your IM but obviously I can't do that without software.