GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, both. As much as I love my GTI this platform has really spoiled me. This and a lpfp are all you need for fuel system that supports 900hp on e85. Love it :D

Last edited:

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
I see all the regulars are still here.. except maybe Derek :( How's everyone's builds going?

Just made and test fit my recirc tube. polished it and going out for powder monday morning. one coolant line to route then oil change, coolant fill, check for leaks, and fun time..

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!

So I had a bad weekend...

Seems like oil starvation, looking like I spun a rod Saturday. Had the car towed home, dropped the oil pan found lots of little tiny bits of metal, engine glitter, fun lol.

So I'm now planning on pulling the motor and building it to some extent. Also will be using this time to do some maintenance, timing chain, rear main seal, and setting up a BT kit FINALLY. I'm keeping this hung forever so might as well make it properly quick.

Gunna be a long build, I'm planning on a year until it's on the road again.

So first things first, anyone know of any good write ups on pulling the engine? Recommendations on internals? (Probably just rods but depends on the condition of the motor, if it needs bored or not). Anyone know of any machine shops in the D.C., Maryland area that are decent?

Will start hunting for a used BT kit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
dude that blows but it will be quick after that

Yeah, definitely a bummer. But now I can justify a build to my wife! Lol. She already told me she doesn't wanna know anything about just fix it and keep paying the mortgage. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion

So first things first, anyone know of any good write ups on pulling the engine? Recommendations on internals? (Probably just rods but depends on the condition of the motor, if it needs bored or not). Anyone know of any machine shops in the D.C., Maryland area that are decent?
[/QUOTE]

i won't say it's a great write up but i posted my chronicles in this thread.

[url]http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71556[/url]

pulling it is pretty simple. you'll have to pull the trans anyway so i recommend pulling out everything together rather than trying to take the trans off first. also this pdf is helpful if you don't have it already.

[url]http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/VW/Misc/VW.COM_2.0L_TSI_Turbo_SSP_824803.pdf[/url]