GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
To me the harness that makes it a pain so puting all vacuum lines on quick disconnects and harness will be 2x milspec connectors to the body. Starter and the alternator won't be quick disconnect unless I can fine an affordable 6ga connector.

Also for your write up no need to pull the intake manifold and you can leave the a/c all connected just move it to the side

Thanks I'll include that. Yeah we had pulled the manifold just to check on everything. Originally thought it was timing so I was checking the valves. But I do regret taking off the AC heat exchanger. That was a mess lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
Hey so I found a good deal on an APR stage 3+ kit for $2600. Goes are 500hp with meth, custom tune so I'm not dealing with apr, is this a good plan? I know it's quality hardware. I know their ots tune makes 500hp so I assume this is plenty of turbo for my needs.

Not 100% sure what I'm doing tuning wise yet, thinking about remote tuned Cobb, not sure yet though. Is there anything y'all can tell me before I jump on this?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Hey so I found a good deal on an APR stage 3+ kit for $2600. Goes are 500hp with meth, custom tune so I'm not dealing with apr, is this a good plan? I know it's quality hardware. I know their ots tune makes 500hp so I assume this is plenty of turbo for my needs.

Not 100% sure what I'm doing tuning wise yet, thinking about remote tuned Cobb, not sure yet though. Is there anything y'all can tell me before I jump on this?

Go for the deal and go for DM tuning.

kern417

Go Kart Champion

go for it

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Honestly the APR tune is pretty good besides the amount of boost. IMO, you'd be better off buying the fully loaded tune and running an EBC. This is coming from someone with a stage 3+ kit and Eurodyne. Unless you have a bunch of time to figure things out on your own it's not a real fun process. Not to mention all of the "remote" eurodyne tuners out there are garbage.

Cobb and a pro-tune is a good bet too, IF they add the 3 bar map option. If they don't I don't think it's any better than Eurodyne, which is OK at best.

drakore

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you think about the GEN2 GTX2867R? I daily drive my car with about 5 track days a year. Also do you have any opinions on the Loba L0412?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you think about the GEN2 GTX2867R? I daily drive my car with about 5 track days a year. Also do you have any opinions on the Loba L0412?

Thanks!

If you have budget go 2867r :thumbup:

Ran LO412 before and I was coming from K04, it pulled harder but not that much. Also, you will have to find a tuner who can tune it to run LO412.

LO412.JPG

To me, it is a little bit waste of money if coming from K04

drakore

Ready to race!
Sweet. What supporting mods do you think I need for a GTX2867R? Rods and valve springs? Maybe a LPFP?

I was eyeing the stock location version from ATP turbo

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Sweet. What supporting mods do you think I need for a GTX2867R? Rods and valve springs? Maybe a LPFP?

I was eyeing the stock location version from ATP turbo

motor wise, nothing if you run stock fueling. if you upgrade the fueling with injectors and lpfp then the boost can be turned up. At that point I would do rods at least.

drakore

Ready to race!
Ok cool. Any recommendations for injectors? Would the TTRS LPFP and control module be sufficient?

I'm not looking for huge power since I DD it and don't track all that much. Do you think it's not worth upgrading fueling and sticking with something in the 400hp range? For whatever reason, I was targeting between 450-500hp. That really was just a random number that got in my head.