GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
it's a cop out. they should know it's not needed for the car to run properly.

thats what im figuring. Sent in the logs for when its happens last night. well see whats up

If you're N75 is already plugged in (to avoid codes) but not plumbed (because you use the Greddy Project EBC), what do they mean by adding it back in? Run it instead of the Greddy? You can't have both plumbed in controlling boost.

they want something to prevent a spike they said. which again...makes no sense

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Do you use your N75 for boost control or do you leave it plugged in electronically (not plumbed)?

it's only plugged in. when it was unplugged, the car wouldn't build boost at all. when i plugged it in it started building boost again, and since my file is always requesting 2550mbar at WOT i've never had an issue controlling boost with the aftermarket controller.

thats what im figuring. Sent in the logs for when its happens last night. well see whats up

post it here

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
it's only plugged in. when it was unplugged, the car wouldn't build boost at all. when i plugged it in it started building boost again, and since my file is always requesting 2550mbar at WOT i've never had an issue controlling boost with the aftermarket controller.

post it here

there are 4 different sets they wanted. ill have to go into each and screenshot and block out when the issue happens. i should be able to this afternoon

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown

post it here

interested in this for sure.

so idk if im going to have time to get to look at these and block them out. I can email them to you guys if you want

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Put the N75 back, no weird surging issues down low anymore. Enjoying this Turbosmart DV now too.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Put the N75 back, no weird surging issues down low anymore. Enjoying this Turbosmart DV now too.

i like changing my boost level too much. that's why i switch to a 10psi spring so i can set up the boost by gear and run low/high boost on the fly with the cortex ebc. that's disappointing to hear if that's all it takes :( my partial throttle response has always been iffy.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
i like changing my boost level too much. that's why i switch to a 10psi spring so i can set up the boost by gear and run low/high boost on the fly with the cortex ebc. that's disappointing to hear if that's all it takes :( my partial throttle response has always been iffy.
That's the trade off, unfortunately. Not to mention you won't have to adjust boost every time the weather changes, which in CT is 40F at night and 80F during the day.. so it'd get annoying quick lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk