GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
pray4carpet
Yeah damn forgot to ask for no judgement... ive been sick and havent detailed the card or done anything for a week or two and its been raining and my driveway is sandy. lol

I never thought to tuck it like you did yours. Thanks for the idea!
you are welcome :]

Also I know I've asked about tunes for different turbos like k04 and f23 but can they tune for big turbos? I'm planning on a gtx2976r and based on the reviews of the tunes for stock/k04 I feel like a stratified tune on a big turbo would be kick ass

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
yes they can do big turbos.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Sorry I know my questions have probably been answered somewhere in 101 pages but here it goes.

It looks like COBB accessport users are able to "upgrade" to a custom Stratified tune for $100. Does someone who purchases an AP direct through Stratified also have access to COBB library of OTS tunes? Meaning there really isn't reason why not to go with Stratified over COBB to purchase your AP as they both are $650? Is this correct?

The Stratified tunes are locked to the vehicles VIN as each tune is custom to each vehicles specific modifications and fuel requirements. If the above assumptions are correct you should not have a problem selling or buying an AP that has Stratified tunes on it as you could just use the COBB OTS tunes or pay for a new Stratified tune?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Sorry I know my questions have probably been answered somewhere in 101 pages but here it goes.

It looks like COBB accessport users are able to "upgrade" to a custom Stratified tune for $100. Does someone who purchases an AP direct through Stratified also have access to COBB library of OTS tunes? Meaning there really isn't reason why not to go with Stratified over COBB to purchase your AP as they both are $650? Is this correct?

The Stratified tunes are locked to the vehicles VIN as each tune is custom to each vehicles specific modifications and fuel requirements. If the above assumptions are correct you should not have a problem selling or buying an AP that has Stratified tunes on it as you could just use the COBB OTS tunes or pay for a new Stratified tune?
I believe you can download any of the Cobb ots tunes off their website for free and as long as the accessport is unmarried you should be able to get your own stratified tune with it. Can even delete the tunes you don't want to use from the manager on your computer.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
The above is correct. You can buy it from whomever you like as long as it's unmarried you will be able to download the Cobb OTS maps and get custom files from stratified or whoever else. I bought mine used and it had custom cbfa maps on it that I couldn't use do to being ccta. I deleted those maps and downloaded maps from Cobb until I went with stratified.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
The above is correct. You can buy it from whomever you like as long as it's unmarried you will be able to download the Cobb OTS maps and get custom files from stratified or whoever else. I bought mine used and it had custom cbfa maps on it that I couldn't use do to being ccta. I deleted those maps and downloaded maps from Cobb until I went with stratified.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is the versatility that keeps the value of the AP - you can pass it on to another vehicle. However unless it's a COBB file where you have the notes I don't recommend running a file made for another car.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Cant wait for my datalog revised tune to come in, been waiting for days

ksandman

Ready to race!
Yeah it takes quite awhile. I had to email them on one occasion cause it had been like 8 business days. But that was right after Christmas so I’m sure their work load was a shit storm lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys - few questions for you if you don't mind!

How does the Stratified 93 Stage 1 low torque tune compare to the COBB 93 Stage 1 tune?

Is the high torque file safe long term for my DSG?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

CHerna

Ready to race!
Fixed it haha, does it make a noticeable difference?

Adds like 5 hp :laugh:

Hey guys - few questions for you if you don't mind!

How does the Stratified 93 Stage 1 low torque tune compare to the COBB 93 Stage 1 tune?

Is the high torque file safe long term for my DSG?

Cheers :)

I never flashed any of the OTS tunes, but those who have say that the Stratified flash is much more potent than the Cobb OTS. I'm manual trans, but if anything, you should get a TCU tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i used cobb stage 2 OTS tune and then got my stratified tune.
It was NIGHT and DAY difference in drive-ability and power.

Stratifieds tune is so smooth and linear power build feels stock but with a lot more umpphh.
Also ive been using the "High torque" for awhile and havent had any issues with the AP so far.

jon570

Ready to race!
i used cobb stage 2 OTS tune and then got my stratified tune.
It was NIGHT and DAY difference in drive-ability and power.

Stratifieds tune is so smooth and linear power build feels stock but with a lot more umpphh.
Also ive been using the "High torque" for awhile and havent had any issues with the AP so far.

Completely agree with this. Stratified tune was so much smoother.