GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio VS VWR intake

How about this?

Dave

Custom made?

Looks like the filter element is directly exposed to the elements now, including dust and water.

With Modshacks cone, the heavy stuff is diverted away from the main filter element. Don't know if it makes THAT much of a difference but with that pic I can see the front part of the filter getting absolutely disgusting really quickly.

crew219

Banned
Custom made?

Looks like the filter element is directly exposed to the elements now, including dust and water.

With Modshacks cone, the heavy stuff is diverted away from the main filter element. Don't know if it makes THAT much of a difference but with that pic I can see the front part of the filter getting absolutely disgusting really quickly.

No, it's a K&N RX-2820.

Honestly the slit in the grill that the air is drawn in from is already under the hood cowl. For a closed box, I didn't have much debris in it after 20k of service.

Dave

P

plac

No, it's a K&N RX-2820.

Honestly the slit in the grill that the air is drawn in from is already under the hood cowl. For a closed box, I didn't have much debris in it after 20k of service.

Dave

at least thats better than any closed ended filter.

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
APR intake or VWR

Looking to buy an intake for my GTI DSG.

Just stuck between the ARP Carbonio stage 1 and 2 or to go with the VWR intake.

Can anyone tell me whats the differance between the two?

I have read through the posts here and also the info on www.goapr.com and still cant see if there is a best way to go other than brand preference?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Looking to buy an intake for my GTI DSG.

Just stuck between the ARP Carbonio stage 1 and 2 or to go with the VWR intake.

Can anyone tell me whats the differance between the two?

I have read through the posts here and also the info on www.goapr.com and still cant see if there is a best way to go other than brand preference?

Pretty much same thing. Intake is an intake for the most part. Either one is better than having the stock airbox. Personal preference is carbonio. Especially with stage two piping it makes engine bay look soo much cleaner. Haven't ever seen anyone with vwr one though. seeing as both setups are same price though it makes it a tough choice on your end. If you like vwr one better though might want to check out forge twintake as well. Sorry cant help you more

McQueen77

Banned
seems like a majority of people rock the carbonio!

yeah i rocked it for a whole week until i decided it was a somewhat pointless noisebox and sold it, but some people love it for some reason. without a less restrictive downpipe, im not sure how much an intake alone really does besides give you a few ponies around 4500rpm.. this has been discussed into infinity.

Steve w/modshack is right, his product is definitely higher quality with more attention to detail. My friend has one and its quality. The insulation is a good idea and it makes it quieter but it too has its own sound. Not nearly as bad as the darth vader cough echo you get from the carbon fiber carbonio helmet, more like pigeons whirring around in the front end of your car. i'm of course exaggerating for effect..

unfortunately, due to the internet, one needs to clarify when one is being sarcastic, exaggerating, etc.

Intake is an intake for the most part. Either one is better than having the stock airbox.

if you say so. the difference is negligible in the real world and in the case of intakes alone, subject to butt dyno, delusions of becauseracecar and all kinds of things related to outside temps, humidity, etc.. etc.. i felt a few HP gain with the carbonio but I wouldnt have kept it on my car if it was free.

Last edited:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
McQueen is right, they don't do a much on a stage 1 car (6hp), and don't do shit on a stock car. On stage 2 or beyond, it makes a much bigger difference (14hp).

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info guys. Didn't see this thread in a search.