GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno test of my 6 GTI :)

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello

Today we had a little meeting at a tuning shop.
Putted the 6 GTI on the dyno

Result is 213.1hp with a seriously impressive graphic!!!

Some random pics:

Picture below is my standard GTI on the right, and my friends one wich has a custom made map => result is an impressive 263hp

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

GTI2007

Nice numbers. How much torque does it have? Around 275 Nm if I rear the graph correct

PS: Moved.

MikeW

Ready to race!
Is that 213 BHP at the WHEELS!!!????

That's impressive, considering you'd expect that, with driveline losses, the HP at the wheels would be less than rated HP.

Did the dyno computer apply a correction factor, or is that the raw number at the wheels?

GTI2007

This is AFAIK a stock GTI so I think it's crankpower and not at the wheels but I could be wrong

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
normally a dyno is power to the wheels (and published spec is normally the higher "to the crankshaft" bhp) unless they hooked it in somewhere other than at the front wheels... either way it's impressive, just more impressive if it's at the wheels...

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Not to be picky but the European GTI is rated for 210 HP

Fine, have your 3 extra bhp! :p

So if they're supposed to be putting out crank hp at the wheels, the HP difference between Futrell and kurtje's dyno numbers make sense.

GTI2007

Fine, have your 3 extra bhp! :p

So if they're supposed to be putting out crank hp at the wheels, the HP difference between Futrell and kurtje's dyno numbers make sense.

It's just the difference between hp and bhp cause the mk5 GTI was rated 197 bhp in the UK and 200 HP in the rest of Europe

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
It's just the difference between hp and bhp cause the mk5 GTI was rated 197 bhp in the UK and 200 HP in the rest of Europe

But the Mk6 GTI is rated 207bhp in Europe (check VW German site here: http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/modelle/golf/golf/zahlen___fakten/daten.detail.0.10.html) while in the US it's rated at 200bhp, same with the older MkV.

So, difference between Futrell Autoworks dyno (202whp) and OP's dyno (213whp) is about the difference between the US version and the Euro version of the engines, making allowances for dyno variance.

It always amazes me each time I see the flat dyno graph of the TSI.

And it's awesome how hard it pulls from such low RPM.

super steve

Ready to race!
Do the 202hp and 213hp numbers account for driveterrain loss?

Why do we get lower HP motors anyways? whats different between euro spec and NA spec?