GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU needs replacing after APR 2.1 update

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
not bad. Explain the surging in more detail please. Part throttle? Full throttle? When does it happen? How much boost does it produce over how long?

it was full throttle throughout the boost range. it would accelerate in half second intervals as if i was pulsing the pedal just a bit. And apparently it was really killing my power, which I didnt realize til I drove it today, its strong as hell right now.

No boost gauge sorry I cant give you that part.

Uberryan

Banned
Have your tuner take the APR tune off the ECU, then drive it/VAG it to see if anything is better, then burn the program back on and re-test.

Beej1

Ready to race!
This is interesting. So he buys customers' old ECU's to fix up and sells ECU's that he's fixed? What's his charge?

Correct, or he can repair. For me, I was interested in the cheapest possible fix, so he repaired mine. It's not cheap, but cheaper than the alternatives. I'd rather not advertise his pricing, but if you contact him, he'll send you a giant list of pricing options. He's very responsive to email, and he gave me detailed information/photos while repairing mine.
http://europeanpartsemporium.com/

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I hate when people talk about a great service the recieved but when you ask how much they paid for that service they are like ohh yeah i dont feel comfortable giving out his prices... ETC.

Just give the price because if you say it was 700 they guy may not have even been anywhere near his budget or so on.

I dont understand why people on the internet with all that anonymity are so afraid to give out the price they paid for a service at a shop or place.

Jaber

Modero
I hate when people talk about a great service the recieved but when you ask how much they paid for that service they are like ohh yeah i dont feel comfortable giving out his prices... ETC.

Just give the price because if you say it was 700 they guy may not have even been anywhere near his budget or so on.

I dont understand why people on the internet with all that anonymity are so afraid to give out the price they paid for a service at a shop or place.

Because not everyone gets the same pricing and YMMV. Give one guy a deal, and then everyone will want that deal or they'll bash them. Why you can never assume you'll get the same price and always confirm what YOUR cost will be.

It's not that hard to call and ask "hey, how much will this cost?".

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
still haven't been able to get ahold of the APR dealer nearest me to update my tune, still have CEL, still dont have the exact codes, still getting crap mileage and running rich. But just coming back to reiterate how goddamn strong I'm pulling after the PCV replace. If anyone is having surging and feel like they're missing some power, change it. I didn't even know how slow I was.