GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone. Sorry to those that have PM'd but got no reply - I've been mega busy the last few days. Okay so firmware...

This firmware will upgrade 187B units with Carplay to Android Auto (replacing Baidu Carlife). This has only been tested on units with the hardware version 534 so if you choose to try this update on any other HW versions then you do so at your own risk. That being said, i can't see why this wouldn't work on any of the 187B models. As always, do this update with the ignition on and be sure to let the update process complete without interruption. If you are asked for a code on restart just use 0000.

Just whack this firmware on a USB stick as is - don't extract the .tar file.

Enjoy.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7...02d62c376416a9ec3ea829a920171215172558/a49c23

That's awesome man, thanks!

Just to confirm - is this the firmware that doesn't have the fader bug too?

This is my hardware / software version. I got the RCD330 + when I purchased, the one that supported CarPlay out of the box, with the App and Phone buttons.

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
My no name turned up today and after a 5 min install removing rns 510 and everything is working perfectly. Main reason for me changing was the android auto which it does out of the box.
Anybody know if you can add radio station artwork as it all looks a bit empty when on radio , also no artwork when playing music from sd card but not to bothered about that as just play music through google music.
So far more than happy with the price and the upgraded functionality of it.

My only gripe would be no usb on the back so you have to have it plugged in the front, when I get time I will do the same as other and solder a lead in.

Last edited:

greenhornet

That's awesome man, thanks!

Just to confirm - is this the firmware that doesn't have the fader bug too?

This is my hardware / software version. I got the RCD330 + when I purchased, the one that supported CarPlay out of the box, with the App and Phone buttons.

I'm running this firmware and i have no fader issues, it runs fine. You have the same unit as me so the firmware should work. If you (or anyone else) gets a 'variant conflict' error message when updating let me know as i can fix that.

cygamer

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running this firmware and i have no fader issues, it runs fine. You have the same unit as me so the firmware should work. If you (or anyone else) gets a 'variant conflict' error message when updating let me know as i can fix that.

Is this software update official or your custom creation?
Are you a developer? If so, can you also add a GREEK language keyboard to it?

Simba92

Okay, So I can confirm that the firmware posted above works perfectly and adds Android Auto on the RCD330 plus (No Name Version)

The whole process takes about 2-3 mins.

Instructions to install this are

1. Download and put on to a USB stick
2. Plug into the head unit, turn on and hold the setup button for 5 secs
3. Select software update and pick the file on the USB
4. Wait. Mine hung for about a min at 5% then on 40% for about 15-30secs.
5. Head unit will reboot. Done

For anyone that has issues, try another USB stick.
Also make sure you have the no name version not the Desay version. I don't believe there is any update for the Desay versions (maybe in the future).

My hardware version was 534
and software version was 5314

There are 4 languages included. For me english is enough.

To the poster above. Greek is not included on this firmware version.

icloudfiles

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, So I can confirm that the firmware posted above works perfectly and adds Android Auto on the RCD330 plus (No Name Version)

The whole process takes about 2-3 mins.

Instructions to install this are

1. Download and put on to a USB stick
2. Plug into the head unit, turn on and hold the setup button for 5 secs
3. Select software update and pick the file on the USB
4. Wait. Mine hung for about a min at 5% then on 40% for about 15-30secs.
5. Head unit will reboot. Done

For anyone that has issues, try another USB stick.
Also make sure you have the no name version not the Desay version. I don't believe there is any update for the Desay versions (maybe in the future).

My hardware version was 534
and software version was 5314

There are 4 languages included. For me english is enough.

To the poster above. Greek is not included on this firmware version.

Do you know what the latest firmware is for:

Device part number: 6RD035187B
Hardware: 036
Software: 0317
Bluetooth: c250
Apple CarPlay:CPL24.V1.4.3@C1

Basically my HU reboots when i plug in my iphone and use carplay (randomly). Looking to see if anyone else has this issue. Thanks.

Simba92

I dont think there is any updates available for that unit not publicly available anyway. I may be wrong but I think thats the Desay unit.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Worked!

The software upgrade worked without issue on my unit. Happy days, it looks cooler, has AndroidAuto, and the CarPlay volume bug has been squished.

Sweet!

Thanks @greenhornet!

greenhornet

Do you know what the latest firmware is for:

Device part number: 6RD035187B
Hardware: 036
Software: 0317
Bluetooth: c250
Apple CarPlay:CPL24.V1.4.3@C1

Basically my HU reboots when i plug in my iphone and use carplay (randomly). Looking to see if anyone else has this issue. Thanks.

Hey man, you're running a Desay unit, i haven't seen any firmware upgrades for those anywhere unfortunately. Please don't try to update with my firmware - it could potentially brick your unit.

Nilemann

Hi everyone. Sorry to those that have PM'd but got no reply - I've been mega busy the last few days. Okay so firmware...

This firmware will upgrade 187B units with Carplay to Android Auto (replacing Baidu Carlife). This has only been tested on units with the hardware version 534 so if you choose to try this update on any other HW versions then you do so at your own risk. That being said, i can't see why this wouldn't work on any of the 187B models. As always, do this update with the ignition on and be sure to let the update process complete without interruption. If you are asked for a code on restart just use 0000.

Just whack this firmware on a USB stick as is - don't extract the .tar file.

Enjoy.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7...02d62c376416a9ec3ea829a920171215172558/a49c23

Thank you! We're an iPhone house but this gave me the red theme to match the rest of my Tiguan - and AA is a bonus in case we switch to Android phones.

Now just need to figure out how to get album art to show from SD.

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
So is this an official firmware release by VW or is this from a 3rd party?

Also how do I know my 187B isn't the Desay version? Would the hardware version tell me that?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmmm , I may be way off base here but the Desay system looks like it runs a windows ce base and the no name brand looking at the firmware is Linux based. This opens up the opportunity to modding. There are different boot logo's as well as ring tones in the firmware for the 187B will do some more investigation. :)

icloudfiles

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey man, you're running a Desay unit, i haven't seen any firmware upgrades for those anywhere unfortunately. Please don't try to update with my firmware - it could potentially brick your unit.

Thanks I will wait for an official release for my version. Anyone else have the reboot issue?

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed

I'm getting the 'variant conflict' error when trying to update the firmware.