GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Now or later?

blueste

Ready to race!
So, with the Golf MK7 around the corner. What are the thoughts...Grab a 2013 R now while it's still here or wait for the next gen R? A couple of my thoughts..

1. Speculation is the next U.S. R will come sooner than 4 years.
2. Next Golf should be on "better" chassis, Haldex 5, and updated engine.
3. Speculation that the next U.S. bound Golf will be built in Mexico. :(

Thanks, Blue

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The Mk 7 R is at least 2 years away, if you can wait that long sure. But don't expect to pay anywhere near what you'd pay for a mk 6 now.

Mk6 R is heavily discounted, it will be at least 5k cheaper than the new car, even if the MSRP is roughly the same.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
yep, at minimum, the MK7 R is 2 years away.

The sweet spot for R resale is about 3 years in. They stop being available new, the used market gets over its first wave of "second" owners, then they stay strong in the low 20s.

blueste

Ready to race!
I know this is anyone's guess, but I didn't follow the R32. How long do you think a new Mk6 R will be around? A lot of the dealer's in SW OH have about 2-3 on their lots. Most have been sitting since last fall, because most of the dealer pics still show leaves on the trees. :) Now when spring weather hits, I could see them moving.

Thanks, Blue

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I know this is anyone's guess, but I didn't follow the R32. How long do you think a new Mk6 R will be around? A lot of the dealer's in SW OH have about 2-3 on their lots. Most have been sitting since last fall, because most of the dealer pics still show leaves on the trees. :) Now when spring weather hits, I could see them moving.

Thanks, Blue

This is the last year. They stopped production already.